36 - As Long As We're Together

Before anything else could be said about the fact that Raine was with a man, the doorbell rang. Raine had the feeling the ground was about to disappear. He had no idea how to deal with the disappointment he was feeling and he sure as hell didn't know how to communicate his father's opinion to his boyfriend. Juice came from a broken family, with a father who left him when Juice was only a toddler and a mother who found more comfort in the wine instead of her children. He neither would have a mother-in-law — Raine had hoped that his father would give him a warm welcome. 

But he wouldn't. 

Apparently, Juice had the wrong genitals. 

"I guess we're going somewhere else then," Raine muttered before heading to the hallway. He tried to pull himself together before he reached the front door, and at the same time he tried to come up with an excuse why they would go out. Once his hand touched the door knob, he failed in both. 

Raine swung the door open. Juice was bouncing on his toes, clearly nervous to meet his dad. Raine looked into these warm brown eyes, which were always sparkling when they were watching him. 

For a moment Raine's attention was drawn to the rumbling of bike a few steps ahead. The man waved at them and took off. Panthom. Again, that unsettling feeling was back, but he pushed it away stubbornly. "Who would have thought, one of my brothers who gave you a ride voluntarily. Or did you have to pay him?"

"He wanted me to pay in kind," Juice chuckled. 

Raine had never considered himself as the possessive type, but right now he really wanted to put a ring on Juice's finger to show everyone that his boyfriend was off limits. 

Juice's arms glided around him and he kissed him softly. "Am I sensing jealousy now?" he teased. 

"Maybe you are," he grumbled. "The idea that you sat so close to him on that bike..."

Juice started to laugh and kissed the tip of his nose. "You're such a pretty little thing, huh? You rather want 'em to come for me with baseball bats?"

A blush crept to his cheeks. "No, of course not," he muttered ashamed. He sighed. "Sorry. It's just..."

Juice cut him off with a kiss. "Well — I'm happy I didn't know that there was such a handsome gay guy in your own club." He winked.

"W-what? He likes men?"

"Apparently. He told me he didn't dare to come out until you came out last night. But he didn't mind to come out to his hacker soulmate."

"His what?"

Juice laughed. "I guess I'm just a Mayan magnet."

Raine snorted, although it was hard to really feel wronged when seeing Juice's teasing grin. The heavy feeling in his chest slipped away. "Well, as long you leave it to a handshake..."

"A squeezing hug." Juice laid his hands on Raine's hips, his auricle tingled as he whispered: "Everything else I save for you. For tonight."

Raine's hands slipped to Juice's back pockets, he hooked his thumbs behind the fabric. "I don't think so." He caught Juice's lips in a hot kiss before he continued: "That mangled body of yours gets strict bed rest. I however... When I was in Santo Padre, I had plenty of time to fantasize about..."

"Puppies!" Juice said all of a sudden. 

He stared at this boyfriend. "What?"

With his eyes, Juice signaled past Raine and he looked over his shoulder. His cheeks flushed when Sasha hopped towards them, waving happily at Juice and calling out his real name.