Chapter Seven

Valeria

The next morning came and passed in a steady blur. Bright and early in the morning Daphne, Amelia, and I set out on a "girls only" shopping spree in the heart of Milan. Might I say it was a quite fascinating trip, going out and seeing the beautiful sights of Italy and appreciating the beautiful architecture of the historical buildings were quite the wonder.

We also took the time to visit the Quadrilatero d'Oro which was the epitome of Milanese luxury. We entered and bought from shops such as Gucci, Versace, Moschino, Prada, Tod's, Bulgari, and Chanel. I don't think I remember the last time I went shopping for myself since I always paid someone to do it for me just because I was so busy; I know what kind of girl doesn't do shopping for herself? Me.

After we grew a tired from spending thousands of dollars on luxury-based items we decided on settling ourselves at a fine top restaurant in Milan: IL Luogo Di Aimo E Nadia. We grabbed a private table and sat some of our bags in a comfortable spot before we divulged over wine and appetizers.

"So have you and Nicolas set a date for the wedding?" Amelia asked me curiously.

I currently had my wine glass perched on my lips and I took my time sipping it before I set it down to answer her question. I had to be smart on how I answered this due to the fact that I did not want to be caught slipping. I had to make it practical and realistic; I was good at that.

"Um..." I licked my lips, "We're thinking about holding off until at least next year since we're both so busy with our upcoming projects. I want to be able to make sure that I'm fully focused on the wedding by then." I replied flawlessly. You would have thought I was actually getting married with that response.

Daphne clapped her hands, "Although I wished for it to be sooner...that only means we get to know you even more, sorella." She batted her eyelashes enthusiastically.

"Nonsense, Valeria needs to make sure she is taking her time preparing for the wedding it is a lot of work to get such things ready, no?" She nodded her head.

I smiled nicely. "It is." I agreed.

Daphne and Amelia went back and forth in a constant bickering war on when they thought the most ideal date for the wedding should be and I couldn't help but contemplate the conversation Nicolas and I shared last night.

"You want to know more about me?" I asked him as I walked further into my room shutting the door behind me softly.

He slowly walked up to me, "Yes...earlier at the dinner, I felt as if you were withdrawing from telling us things."

I arched my eyebrow, "I'm not really the one for revealing my life story to people I'm just getting to know." I stated to him reasonably. He watched me with a curious gaze, before he reached over and grasped my waist so that my chest was firmly planted against his. He bore his intense stare into my eyes before he spoke again.

"I want you to tell me your story."  His lips brushed over mine ever so softly so much it felt as if a light feather had lightly tapped my lips. Again, I cursed my body for wanting to reach over and press my lips firmly against his...but I remained composed.

"What do you want to know?" I asked him.

He licked his lips and thought for a moment, "First....how do you know Victor Mosello?" He asked me curiously.

I furrowed my brow and watched him closely before I groaned and pushed him off of me. I went over to my bed and began slipping off my wedges, it's been a long day and my feet hurt despite the fact the wedges themselves weren't high...I was still walking in them all day.