Chapter Twenty-Six

Nicolas

The next couple of days spent at Disneyland were entertaining; it was nice to take a break from all work-related things to spend time with Valeria and Mila, they were so alike sometimes in the things they did like when they were hungry they would get this impatient look in their eyes as they fidgeted around in their seats; when they were tired they both tended to squint their eyes as if they were looking directly into the sun when they were excited their eyes would light up like fireworks in the sky.

Today, we decided to give the park a break and head out to do a little sight-seeing in California. Valeria was in Mila's room packing a little bag filled with a swimsuit since we planned on going to the beach, snacks, and toys to keep Mila entertained. Later on we planned to head to Staples Center to watch the game that Valeria gifted to me for Christmas; I was excited to see my favorite team, The Los Angeles Clippers play tonight I could barely contain myself.

Once the girls were done and ready to go we headed to our first stop: Universal Studios Hollywood.

We didn't plan on staying long since we had other plans but we did it make it our goal to try some of the rides out; we rode the ones that Mila was tall enough for which included the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem which she enjoyed tremendously, we also spent a lot of time in Super Silly Fun Land where Mila and Valeria couldn't help but get on regular rides that spun around crazily, and then get on the water rides and 80 other water play features that left them soaked; I got stuck holding their bags which was fine as long as they were happy, I was as well.

After they were done getting wet, we toured the studios of movie sets of the Jurassic Park and The Fast and Furious movies before we decided to really leave and head down to Santa Monica; at that point, Valeria was craving burgers and funnel cake. As expected when we arrived it was filled with people, since it was a very popular beach. People were everywhere in the water swimming, others were on the pier entertaining themselves, others visiting different attractions.

Valeria tugged on my arm, "Babe...I'm hungry let's get food then we can eat on the beach." She whined.

I agreed and we went in search of some burgers and found a place called Pier Burger; Valeria already had the menu in her hand before I could set Mila down.

"I'll have the Pier Burger, regular fries, and a Vanilla milkshake please." She cast in her order and looked over at Mila.

"What do you want to eat, princess?" She asked her curiously.

Mila furrowed her brow as she looked at the menu with curiosity; she read words pretty well due to the fact that Valeria read to her whenever she could.

"Ice cream!" She cheered.

Valeria shook her head, "Baby, you can't have dessert until you've eaten your food, okay?" She explained to her.

Mila pouted but nodded head, "Okay." She replied.

Valeria got her a sandwich since she wanted that instead and I got a cheese dog along with a drink.

"No funnel cake?" I asked Valeria as we sat on top of our beach towel on the beach eating our food casually.

She chuckled as she bit into her burger, she waited a moment until after she swallowed before she spoke. "Don't worry I'm coming back for that." She said as she sipped on her milkshake.

At this rate, she was going to eat herself into a food coma.

We all ate our lunch in a peaceful silence since the beach was doing all the talking for us; when we were done Valeria went on her way to get some of that funnel cake she wanted, and I decided to take Mila back to Pier Burger for that sundae she wanted; only if they offered a substitute for the ice cream since it had milk in it. Luckily they did and she was able to get her treat which was a frozen custard with hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry on the top.