Chapter Thirty-Seven

Valeria

"Honey we have to hurry or we're going to be late!!!" I called out to Nicolas who was fishing in his walk-in-closet probably getting dressed; I don't know what was taking him so long since I already picked out his suit for tonight; he was being lazy this morning and so I had to take over or we wouldn't have gotten anything done.

I swear it was a back and forth game coming in and out of the house because we were running so many errands; first, we had to pick up Carmen, Nicolas's housekeeper from Miami at the airport because she was attending the wedding as well as working for us here in New York. I really thought she was a sweet woman and our other housekeeper had to quit because she was getting a little old for the job and it was taking a toll on her joints so we needed someone quick. Then we had to pick Mila up from ballet class, along with having to receive the rest of Nicolas and my family members from the airport and to their hotels.

I finished putting on my diamond chandelier earrings onto my ear and checking my appearance in the mirror before I deemed myself worthy. Tonight I was wearing a black Olesya Malinskaya gown that was dripping in tiny sparkles and lace; it was sophisticated, classy, and elegant all in one with a form-fitting hourglass figure that hugged my body perfectly, the back of the dress was my favorite since it plunged in a V shape form and showed off all my toned physique; on my feet, I wore black Valentino heels to compliment the dress. I had my hair curled and side-swept from my face to compliment my natural makeup and lips.

Nicolas stepped out of the closet at the moment and I took in his appearance; he looked really dapper in his fitted jet-black Armani suit and tie, he had on expensive Italian-leather custom made shoes on his feet, and his hair was slicked back with gel which I loved whenever he did that.

"You know you would look extra cute if you had your glasses on, right?" I asked him.

He smirked as he shoved his hands into his pockets, "Would I be extra cute if I stripped off my clothing as well?" He replied.

I slowly strutted over to him loving the way his eyes watched my every movement with lust until finally, my gaze captured his. I brought my hand up to his face and caressed his cheek softly, "Maybe...you look like a mob boss, baby...is there something you're not telling me?" I questioned him.

He quirked his eyebrow, "Why do Americans automatically assume Italians are in the mob?" He asked.

I shrugged and gave him a light peck. "American movies...now make sure you have your bags in the car since you're not coming back tonight." I reminded him.

He pouted, "I don't understand why I can't stay here until the morning of the wedding." He groaned.

I gave him a look, "You're not supposed to see the bride before the wedding, duh?" I rolled my eyes and pulled him out the door in search of Mila; Mashel was helping her get dressed for the event and I wanted to see how beautiful my princess looked.

"Mila!" I called out to her.

"I'm coming, mama!" The sounds of feet slapping against the wood startled both Nicolas and I since it came in the other direction that wasn't Mila's room. She stopped abruptly at us as her freshly done curls bounced at the top of her head in a half up-do style; I had previously purchased a black Dior glossy, satin dress printed with pink roses for a contrast of romantic and modern silhouette. 

"Where were you coming from, Mila?" Nicolas asked her curiously.

Her long lashes batted against her honey-colored eyes, "I was chasing Leo in the playroom." She answered.

I arched my eyebrow, "You didn't get your pretty dress messy, did you?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "No, mama...still clean." She cheesed suspiciously.