Chapter Fifteen

Valeria

My home in Barbados was a work of art in my opinion. I spared absolutely no cost when I had this house built from the ground up. I sort of made the place in the image of what my parents wanted; they always said if they saved up enough money they would buy a vacation home here in Barbados so we wouldn't have to keep staying at a hotel or rooming with my grandfather and grandmother. 

But here it was standing in its four-story, sandy-colored glory; My eyes glazed over the grand columns and staircase that led up to the house. Buford, my butler descended those stairs and behind him where my two housekeepers and cook. Jade and Ninna were the maids of the house and they took care of everything while I was gone, or whenever my family members asked to stay here for a vacation. They both were two beautiful Barbadian women, Ninna in her mid 30's and Jade in her early 40's; Reina my chef was in her early 20's, I recruited her last year when she was in desperate need of job to support her brothers and sisters. I was more than happy to help her, besides she was expectational cook in Bajan cuisine...which was my favorite food in the world. Reina had a darker shade of skin color than both Jade and Ninna and it was gorgeous, her hair was almost always in a formal bun, and her eyes reminded me heavily of what honey looked like they were were so pretty.  

"Welcome back to Barbados, Ms. Valeria!" Jade and Ninna came over and welcomed me with a kiss on the cheek. I greeted them back and when we were done embracing they came over to greet aunt Ivy and Cara as they would usually did, and then they greeted Nicolas formally since they were unfamiliar with him.

"Welcome home, Ms. Patterson...I'll have the men pick up all your bags and set them in your rooms." Buford assisted in taking the bags away from us along with the worker men that came out of the house as soon as he said that.

We all walked into the main foyer of the house that showcased the glistening white marble floors and twin grand staircase that led to the rooms above. I gave Nicolas a tour showing him around the main floor where there was an airy and open space overlooking the ocean not too far from where the house stood; since my aunt Ivy has been getting into all this "Zen Buddhism" mojo, the place now had a big statue of Buddha overlooking the room, behind him stood the Barbadian flag overhead the figure. 

I showed him the back yard which had a huge infinity pool elevated to the right height so anyone could swim and take in the beautiful scenic view of the sunrise or sunset. The rest of the place had a outdoor grill, bar, and lounge area. The rest of the yard led out to a beach that was literally a couple steps away from the house; Nicolas and I walked around the kitchen and I explained the informal and formal dinning arrangements which were pretty simple, then we headed up to the bedrooms where the marble floors switched to nice ebony, dark woods. On the second floor there were about 4 rooms and 3.5 bathrooms. The third floor had 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms and it had a lot more area than the second floor because it spread out to the rest of the house, and finally we reached the fourth floor where only 3 rooms resided: Cara, mine, and aunt Ivy's. I made sure all our rooms were created to perfection; since Cara was my ultimate best friend and she always came with me to Barbados I thought it only made sense when I was getting this house built to have a room specifically for her, I mean why have her in a guestroom when she was everything but that? So whatever she wanted for her room, I had my contractor done for her...same for aunt Ivy.

All the suites have their own balconies, en-suites, two walk in closets, and a private sitting room and office. This floor was so big that the suites barely seemed near each other, it was as if you had the floor to yourself; the rooms were made semi-sound proof for safety precautions of course but other than that it was as reserved as you wanted.

"And...this is my room." I said opening the two big white doors to my bedroom which revealed my custom-made king bed that stretched out widely, but still only took up a small portion of the room due to the grand size of it. There was space to jump around, run, shit...even throw a party if you really tried. The room had a ivory and light peach color scheme going on, the bed had a sheer canopy hanging over the bed itself, the furniture from the armorer to the desk were ivory white as well, and some of the decorations matched the light peach color like the pillows and the paintings. It was pretty simple which was what I liked for a vacation home because it was easy on the eyes. The rest of the room was basked in pure sunlight and air; the windows were large and wide letting in a lot of the daylight shine in. I finally had two french doors that led out to the balcony that overlooked the entire house.