Chapter One

Nicolas

"I'm telling you my friend if you need a good business partner for this investment Patterson is the way to go!" My good friend, Marco called out into my ear. 

Patterson? I've never heard of such a surname. Surely since Marco was telling me all about this woman I would get a better of idea of who exactly he was trying to get me to connect with. But he wasn't exactly giving me a full fledged description of the person.

"Marco....who is this Patterson?" I asked him curiously.

He cleared his throat, "Valeria Patterson....I hear she is a genius to the business world. I've never seen her myself because she has a tendency to evade the media but she's a tough cookie to crack. That and her eyes are looking into the fire pits of hell itself." He joked on that last part.

I arched my eyebrow. "Was that supposed to be a warning?" I asked him.

He made a noise with his throat. "I don't know my good friend...maybe, just don't go in there expecting her to be friendly to you. You may be a heartthrob billionaire, Italian, playboy to the rest of the world, but to her you're just another guy to work with." He stated.

I was a bit hurt by his comment. Did Marco really think I couldn't control myself in the presence of another female? Sure I was the kind of guy seen with many women, preferably blondes and red-heads, I also happened to be known for my looks and eminence wealth but I couldn't help that. I was more than sure I would be able to control myself around a woman...it was usually them who came to me; I barely had to glance at them and they would fall to my feet. I was the kind of guy who never really had any trouble trapping women...it was my specialty. 

 "I am personally hurt by your comment, Marco." I said in a joking manner. He chuckled on the other line.

"Nonsense! I am the kindest friend you have here in this cold, hard finical world." He said proudly.

"Unless you decide to screw me whenever it becomes convenient to your company." I reminded him.

He scoffed, "You? Never." He shuffled the phone in the background, "That aside...I will fax you her inquiries be prompt my friend!" He advised me wisely.

"Grazie, Marco...I will speak to you at a later time." I ended the conversation with him and sat my phone onto my desk.

"Maria!" I called out to my assistant.

My secretary quickly burst into my office waiting to hear instructions from me. I watched her with amusement she looked a bit flustered; her blonde hair was sticking out in random areas and she seemed to be panting quite heavily. She had been one of my conquests just a simple two-time thing I had no time to deal with a full and committed relationship. She was a sweet girl, a diligent worker but like all the rest of the women I dated and had sex with, they were after my money.

"Yes, Mr. Roselli?" She asked me once she had caught her breath.

I cast a polite smile to her and lifted from my desk, "I'm going to be stepping out for about an hour or so I need you take care of all my finical reports for me in my cabinets, understand?" I said to her as I grabbed my suit jacket and tossed it over my arm.

She nodded, "Yes sir." She replied before she attempted to spin on her heels at her new assigned task. I grabbed her arm and spun her back around before she had another chance to move. Her eyes widened at my sudden gesture, I pushed back some of her hairs that were a little frazzled at her head and watched as her pale face rose in a deep blush of red.

"You are a bit flustered Maria, no?" I said brushing her cheek.

She cleared her throat and smiled weakly at me. "It's a very busy hour Mr. Roselli I hope you don't mind my frantic behavior." She stated to me nervously.