Chapter Thirty-Two

Valeria

When I woke up...I died; I swear I did. My body felt different, I felt like I was vibrating-floating on some different plane. The place I woke up in smelt like fresh fruits, flowers, and the tropics of the beach; there was the sun shining directly on me, and instead of the uncomfortable hot, and irritating feeling it was used to giving me it was a warm and inviting kind of feeling. I wanted to bask in it forever, I lifted myself off this enhanced green-colored grass damp with dew and water as I checked my surroundings.

This must be heaven. I thought.

In my ears I heard the distant sounds of children laughing, people speaking, and activities going along. They weren't behind me, I turned around and looked but there was nothing but clouds of some sort and more stretches of grass, trees, and flowers. In front of where I laid there was this crystal pond where the water looked so pure and refreshing, I tempted myself and reached out cupping some water in my palms before my lips soak up a taste.

My eyes lit up...this wasn't water-I mean it was, but it tasted so much more, nothing like the Poland Spring type stuff, it was sweet and vibrant mixing in with all these types of fruity flavors. I found myself cupping more and more and drinking like I had come from the Sahara desert and was in desperate need of hydration. When I was done drinking I caught myself in the reflection of the water and noted how glowy I looked, everything on me shined and sparkled down to the white gown I was dressed in that complimented my skin and figure to absolute perfection; I felt amazing.

Beside the pond, there was a bush of mixed berries and I instantly reached over and plucked a couple as I tasted them. The flavors were so overwhelming and unreal I re-questioned my entire existence and where exactly I was.

This has to be heaven. I thought.

"You still eat like your father, huh?" A voice called out to me.

I seized eating my berries and turned in the direction of the voice...it sounded distant but oddly familiar.

The woman standing in front of me had on a glittering gown made of gold...like someone had put stars on her dress and they reflected off of her like she was the sky. Her hair was like crackling fire and it sizzled and curled like it was made of lightning on each strand, her eyes were a beautiful diamond and crystal color so refreshing and unusual like looking directly into a hurricane; her cheeks lifted and that's when I noticed the two prominent dimples on both sides of her face.

"Mom?" My voice broke barely above a whisper but it echoed throughout the garden space like I was in a cave.

I stood up as the woman opened her arms to embrace me.

"I missed you so much, Vivi." She said to me.

I ran to her and immediately tackled my body into hers as I squeezed her body tightly feeling the realness and the essence of how my mother used to be; even her smell was the same...but now even more enhanced like lilac and lavender she liked perfumes with flower fragrances.

"Mom, you look amazing," I said to her as I looked at her appearance, truly that was what a goddess looked like or even...

An angel.

I thought angels were supposed to have wings? I thought.

"Open up your mind, Vivi don't just set your mind on the things the world believes...if I don't want wings I don't have to have them. I get the job done just fine." She laughed, it sounded like what self-fulfillment would be if it had a sound.

"You can hear my thoughts?" I asked her.

She nodded, "Think of this place as an open playing field where everyone can see you, and everyone can hear you, but you don't see them at the same time." She said confusingly.