⚠️bored - jungkook solo

Start from the beginning

JK🖤:
forget about it.

he lays back, staring at the stars. his voice quivers as he speaks.

"bored. i'm so bored." tears run down his pink cheeks.

"so bored." he sobs, attempting to catch his breath. he wasn't supposed to cry, he hates crying. he wasn't supposed to be feeling anything. he was supposed to be numb. he's already failing before he's even started.

giving you all you want and more.

he's washed up. he's squashed every drop of life out of himself - a shell of his former self. hollow.

giving you every piece of me.

he's given parts of himself to everyone he loves, but he forget to leave any for himself. he cared about others too much - forgetting to give two fucks about himself. he's tired. fed up.

can't you see that i'm getting bored?.

his phone is ringing now. it's hoseok. he declines the call - scowling. he's now standing on the ledge. looking down.

he feels like the people below him are staring. he wonders they know who he is? would they be so interested if he was just some random?or do people only care because he's "BTS' jungkook." he shivers.

there's screams now. people telling him to get down. he opens his arms out and takes in the breeze. it's nice, tranquil.

i'm not afraid anymore.

he edges closer. his toes are hanging over the edge. he hopes no one is filming - he doesn't want the world to see this. but they will - in jungkook's life, there's always someone watching.

what makes you sure, you're all i need?

he stumbles, the crowd below shriek. he wants to tell them to fuck off, he doesn't want an audience. this is a personal thing. he's doing it for him.

forget about it.

the numbness is back. he can't feel his face - he's somewhere in between freezing and burning. hot and cold hot and cold, repeat.

bored. i'm so bored.

jungkook is supposed to be the golden one, good at everything. maybe he can fly too? what if when he removes his feet from this ledge he simply floats? how would people react to seeing a man fly above them? would they react differently because he's jungkook? he's jungkook from BTS. he's JK. he's a number one billboard singer. he's a dancer. he's a producer, rapper, writer, boxer. he's a younger brother, he's a son, he's a best friend. he's jungkook. people always act different around jungkook. jungkook jungkook jungkook jungkook

deep breath.

giving you what you're begging for.

they wanted this to happen. the people, the voices, the comments. this is what they wanted.

giving you what you say i need.

the people are still yelling but he's blocked it out. they don't actually care - they just want to have a story to tell their friends about the time they saved this mentally ill kid from throwing himself six stories to his death. not this time. there's only one way to get down and he knows what he has to do.

i don't want any settled scores.

this is it. the last few moments of his life. the few moments that will haunt millions of people for years. the moments that will make his hyungs feel like they should have done more, they could have saved him. he doesn't want any of that. not at all - he's glad they aren't here. glad they left.

i just want you to set me free.

deep breath. it's time. he edges closer.

giving you what you're begging for.

sirens blare. he feels like he can hear footsteps behind him, he's probably imagining it. he hasn't eaten in a while.

giving you what you say i need.

someone picks up a megaphone. the voice rings in his ears.

"sir get down from there! let's talk about this okay? sir!"

jungkook clears his throat.

"i'm not afraid anymore.
what makes you sure, you're all i need?"

he pulls his phone out his pocket. the message he sent to joon is still on the screen.

JK🖤:
forget about it

he opens his chat with yoongi. he too sent a message.

yoongi hyung🍯 :
hey kook
how you feeling?

jungkook types out a one word answer, before letting him and the phone fall to the ground, six stories below.

his body moves in slow motion as the people below watch in horror. jungkook smiles. this is release. euphoria. there's no pain, just darkness.

yoongi opens his phone and squints his eyes at the message from jungkook. it's just one word.

yoongi hyung 🍯:
hey kook
how you feeling ?

JK🖤:
bored.

-end-

tada
sorry if it's messy and/or terrible

one year / 200k special will be up in a few hours , please stay tuned :)

thank you always for everything , i love you guys

see you later - EJ 🪐

1372 words