Chapter 170: Desperate Chase! Bonds Deep As Family

Depuis le début

"Alright," the tall one holds an exasperated expression, "Enough playing around. Let's head ba-" The Fallen Angel is interrupted by a sudden force exploding from into his side that sends him blasting into the pillar, crashing right through the solid steel object before slamming into the wall.

"What the?!" The other man tosses the boy away and turns around to see a figure standing by the cloud of dust, the moonlight shines over them to create a silhouette image within. "Who the fuck are you?!" The Fallen Angel bellows and summons light lances in both hands, ready to attack.

Shakily opening his eyes, the boy turns his head over to look at the newcomer. His eyelids slightly widen when seeing a teenager in a crimson coat emerging from the cloud of dust. 'No... He's not human.' The boy with jet-black hair stares at those glowing emerald eyes from the individual.

"Wait..." The Fallen Angel lets out a gasp of shock when getting a full look of the person across from him. "Y-You're the Welsh Dragon!" Keeping a firm gaze at the opponent, Issei opens his right hand. Rotation forms into existence above the palm—a sound of a high-pitch vortex boom around the empty building.

Seeing the usual spell has the Fallen Angel sweating a bit as hesitation brew in his green eyes. Yet, pride takes over, and instead, with a battle roar, he kicks off the ground and charges forward with both lances thrust forward. However, the Fallen Angel is taken aback when instead of coming towards him or trying to get away, Issei aims his right arm ahead and shoots the red orb. "It may look like a close-range attack, but it can also become a long-range one."

Momentum high and his reaction sluggish, the Fallen Angel can't do anything and gets hit by the Rotation squarely at the center of his abdomen. "Gaahh!" He howls in pain as the sensation of the orbs rotating in sonic speed, ripping his clothes and flesh into oblivion. Light lances shatter from existence as his concentrate broken by the immense pain surging around his body, the man in a black cloak crash onto the ground.

Issei watches the man suddenly combust into black feathers, no doubt by the Rotation done destroying all of the internal organs. Hearing the sound of a thud from the left, Issei turns over to see the taller man scowling at him while leaning against the wall with one hand. "What the hell is someone like you doing here?!" "On a contract," Issei answers and lift his right hand up, palm pointing right at the Fallen Angel. Those emerald eyes are remaining sharp.

In the mindscape, Ddraig raises a brow at the seriousness displaying by his Partner. 'Can't blame him though... This contract must've gotten under his skin.' Charging up a cannon size magic orb, Issei gazes piercingly at the Fallen Angel. "Why are you after him?" "A Sacred Gear dwells within that child... A powerful one."

Issei's eyes narrow by how loose lip the man is. "Ugh!" Hearing something from above, Issei looks up to see a hail of light lances hurling down. The Fallen Angel smirks, but that quickly breaks when Issei faces him and discharges the Dragon Cannon. With the attack release, Hyoudou returns attention to the lances. Boosted Gear forming around the right arm, he swings it upwards with enough force to create a wind wave that shatters all of the light weapons.

An explosive sound erupts, and Issei turns to see a cloud of smoke and fire circling at the spot where the Fallen Angel once stood. Easing his posture and dispelling the Boosted Gear, Issei notices the man's signature has completely vanished from existence. "Looks like I got him."

With the enemies dealt with, Issei's expression loosens, and he immediately makes way toward the groaning child on the floor. Kneeling in front of the boy, Issei offers a hand but notice pause for a moment when seeing those gray orbs looking at him with caution. "Don't worry," he softly speaks, wearing a friendly smile "I'm not here to hurt you, Reiji" "Y-You know my name?" The boy stutters in shock, his body loosens ever slightly.