Chapter 154: The Black Flash Returns, The Cold Night

This will be the last chapter of this arc! Sorry for it being released so late.

I want to make this chapter as best as it can be! So please, enjoy the latest chapter, Readers! ^.^

Night has fallen in the City of Kuoh. It is an unusually cold night. Cold enough to send shivers down people that aren't suitably dressed. But the sudden cold weather is not the only thing that is odd on this night.

Looking out of the window of his room is Nawin. Don only in long black pants. He stares at the bright full moon with an unreadable expression. Behind him shows a slumbering Akeno, resting comfortably on the bed. But, the Makasha has found himself unable to sleep. The reason isn't apparent to that other than his mind just isn't able to rest. A feeling of uneasiness sets in his heart.

With a sigh, Nawin uncrosses his arms and shift gaze to his desk, looking at his phone. 'I haven't talked to Miraya today at all...' he notes. Nawin decided to focus his entire attention today on Akeno as the two of them haven't had that special bonding time together for a while. Ever since Miraya made her return. Nawin's attention has been solely on her. Which led him to neglect his lover. So, to make up for that, Nawin gave all his time today to Akeno, and the two went out on a date.

Taking the phone off the table and into his hand, Nawin enters his password and heads to the contact list to quickly call up Miraya. Bringing the phone to his ears, he patiently waits for the other line to pick up. Since he can't sleep right now, Nawin thought talking with Miraya will ease his mind. She usually always finds a way to succeed in that problem. As the rings continue, Nawin suddenly receives a message informing that the callee isn't picking up their phone.

Nawin blinks and pulls back to look at the phone with confusion. "Is she asleep?" he whispers, looking at the picture of Miraya and himself that was taken at that special night they were reunited. It is the photo he and Miraya used as their contact picture.

Seeing that she is possibly asleep, Nawin is ready to close his phone when a notification appears on the screen. He blinks in surprise seeing it is a text from Misako. 'She's still awake?' Knowing that the Ichiru was hard on training today, the Makasha expected her to have collapsed to bed by now.

Without hesitant, Nawin clicks on the notification to bring up the text to read. "Shinol Street, Pub: Iron Shine. Be there in ten minutes..." Nawin reads out the text. His eyes slowly widen as the uneasiness feeling that's been swirling about his heart just increases tenfold. Nawin was ready to respond until another message gets delivered. "Your friend is on a timer... Black Flash."

Nawin's entire body freeze for a moment when seeing his nickname given by the underworld is in the screen. For half a minute, Nawin simply stares at the text as his heartbeat quicken. After months of normalness. Months of nothing but peace and happiness. The Supernatural world finally comes knocking to his door. Trying to drag him back into its twisted and troubled world. No matter how much he likes to fool himself that, this ordinary life can continue on longer. The Supernatural world and its dangers just love to pull him back. Wanting him to kill to survive. Wanting him to feel pain and heart-stopping risks. Wanting him to put his loved one's lives in jeopardy. Like some twisted game.

The shock is quickly replaced with anger. Nawin grits his teeth and stares out at the window. Whoever dared to force him back into the Supernatural world will already suffer punishment. But they threaten to use Misako to do so will get no mercy from him. What they will get is his wrath. If they want the Black Flash, he will give it to them.

Holding the phone firmly in his right hand, Nawin slides the window open and jumps out of the room to land on the balcony. Sliding the window shut, he glances back at Akeno once more time before shifting forward and jumps over the rails.