Chapter |44| Catfight

Waking up was different today

Waking up was different today. It wasn't like the other times when I woke to Flo drawing open the curtains, or woke up all alone underneath a bundle of covers.

I awoke to birds chirping, the sun beaming brightly and Hardin. His arms were tightly wrapped around my body, as if he were afraid that I would disappear and his soft snores filled the silence.

I lifted my head up to brush my lips against his. I felt him smile against my lips and his hands moved down to hold my waist as he deepened the kiss, tilting his head to the side and slowly slipping in his tongue.

"That was the best sleep I've ever had." I giggled, pulling back and resting my head on his bare chest.

"Me too." I whispered and we laid there, holding each other and just watching the birds fly back and forth. I never wanted the moment to end.

I wanted us both to stay together, in our own cocoon of safety, but had duties and I had this competition.

I had been accused of sleeping with the Prince before and now I was quite literally sleeping with him.

"I should go." I mumbled, yet my actions said a different thing as my arms tightened their hold.

"I don't want you to."

"Me either, but sadly we don't always get what we want." I sighed, thinking of Astrid.

The love stricken girl who only ever wanted a happily ever after. I just hoped that her and Oscar had reunited in the after life together.

"I know, but do you have to go right now baby?" I giggled.

"We're back to baby now?" He tightened his arms around me and grinned, placing his chin on top of my head.

"I like calling you baby. It's your pet name now."

"Oh, is it?" I teased, rolling over so I was on top of him.

"I like this position." He muttered, as his eyes raked over my half naked body.

I placed my hands on his shoulders and bit my lip, when he pulled himself into a seated position. I slowly adjusted myself in his lap, causing a groan to slip out of his mouth. He leant forward and started to kiss down my neck.

"I have to go." I breathed out, as I slowly started to grind against him.

"Please stay," He pulled back and looked up at me. I wanted to, god knows I did, but how would that look?

What would people think?Should I just do what I wanted or think about the consequences?

A knock rapped on the door that brought us both back to reality. I quickly jumped off his lap and ran straight into the bathroom, grabbing my discarded dress on the way.

I could hear the sound of the door clicking open and then the familiar voice of the King. If he found me in here then...god, I didn't even want to know what he would do.