Chapter |32| Spiralling

There was only one word to describe last night, magical

The first portion was horrible, and every gut-wrenching moment where I had to watch Hardin dance was girl after girl after girl, consumed me with a jealously I didn't even know I possessed.

Then, the elimination almost broke me. That was cherry on top of a wretched night.

Then, he came to me. He actually came, and boy, did we dance.

We danced until the sun began to rise, we danced as the owls went to sleep and the blue birds started to sing. We danced and danced and danced and I never wanted it to stop.

No words were spoken expect soft whispered hushes as we swayed in each other's arms. I could still hear him calling out my name like a prayer.

"Arabella,"

My name had never been spoken so perfectly. It sent small shivers down my spine and made me realise that it wasn't some alucid fantasy I'd dreamt up in the brink of night. No, it was real.

He was here and I was in his arms. He twirled next around, and held me tight. He dipped me, the move so fluid and smooth, that I almost lost my breath and we shared soft stolen kisses underneath the moonlight sky.

He was perfect. And that night, that night I would never forget.

The night I was a simple girl, dancing with her Prince, as the moon watched on.  

I recalled the memory over and over and over until eventually the sound of my stomach growling out for food, forced me out of bed. My bare feet brushed along the carpet where only hours ago we stood together.

Something round caught my eye, the sun shining on. I bend down and pick up the tiny thing between my fingers. A small white button.

Memories flashed before my eyes.

My fingers skimmed down his shirt, slowly creeping inside his shirt and tickling his bare chest. I tugged a little too hard trying to get my sausage fingers inside and with a pop, the button flew off.

He laughed, I giggled, and then we returned back to dancing. The button becoming completely forgotten.

Now here it was. A souvenir of this night, of my journey in the Palace.

Perhaps one day, I could show this to my children, and tell me the tale of the simple girl and the Prince. An unlikely duo, but a couple all the same.

To teach them the unexpected ways of life and how sometimes, it had a way of surprising you when you least expect it.

Smiling fondly at it, I placed the memory in my small crystal box and locked it away with a silver key. Protected inside my little treasure chest of memories.

Alongside it was a ribbon, reminding me of Flo and how she beautifully styled my hair, a hanky chief given to me by Xander during one of my many breakdowns and a cute friendship bracelet that Rory made me in the crafts room.