Chapter |21| The Wrong Girl

My head was pounding and I felt like I had just spent the past week in the Sahara desert

My head was pounding and I felt like I had just spent the past week in the Sahara desert. My mouth was so dry that I wasn't even sure if my tongue was still present.

I tried to sit up, when an arm wrapped around my waist and gently helped me sit up, propping my back up against the headboard..

A steel cup came into view and my hands shot out to grab it. I greedily drank the whole cup of cool water and relished in the feeling of the water travelling down my dry throat. I mumbled something along the lines of more and another cup full was placed into my hands.

My blurry vision cleared up a little and I looked to my left. I expected to see Flo or Xander helping me out but instead it was Hardin. The crowned Prince was helping me drink water!

I sat up a little straighter and flushed when I noticed that I was wearing a man's suit jacket over my still damp underwear.

"What happened?" I croaked out, rubbing my head a little.

"Well, you ate a magical fruit that makes you become under the influence of anyone who orders you around. You stripped and bathed in the fountain. Me and Wyatt found you, we took you up to your room, gave you the cure and then you passed out." Oh god, all the memories came flooding back. Sienna and Ivy did this.

Uh, those bitches.

"How long have I been passed out for?" He brushed some of my wet hair out of my face and leant a little closer.

"Almost five hours." My eyes widened and I threw the covers off to get out of bed, when he stopped me.

"What are you doing?"

"I have to get ready for our date. There's my hair to do and my make-up and then the dress. Oh god, where's Flo?" He gave me a somber look and lowered me back onto the bed.

"We can't go on the date tonight, you're too weak. You're still recovering from today. That fruit is no joke you know? You could have died."

No, no, no. This could not be happening, not again. I had to go on this date.

"That's ridiculous, I'm perfectly fine." I lied, trying to prove my point by jumping out of bed and walking forward. Two steps in and my knees started to buckle, as my legs collapsed from underneath me.

Hardin was quick to catch me and pulled my back onto the bed. I tried to ignore the intimate position we were in right now, me practically sat in his lap with his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry, I really am. No-one wants to go on this date more than me but you can't. I'm sorry." I pushed back the tears threatening to fall at the thought of another girl on my date with Hardin once again.

"Okay, I get it."

"I'm truly sorry. I was looking so forward for tonight." He whispered into my ear, the glum tone in his voice evident.