Chapter |7| Old Foes

Well, this competition just got a lot harder

Well, this competition just got a lot harder. Not only do I have to compete with five other girls but I also have to compete with a raging bitch who has it out for me. Great.

"Hi, I'm Ivy from Alyssum, and please don't expect me to play fair because I'm here to win." A collection of gasps filled the air, but I knew this kind of statement was to be expected from her. I'm definitely going to have to watch my back now.

Her eyes connected with mine and her lips curled up into a sadistic grin. The look she gave me was one filled with promise and anger. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not completely scared shitless because she had a lot more motive to hurt me now.

I felt two warm hands gently squeeze my shoulders and looked up to find Xander staring down at me with a reassuring smile on his face. I smiled back although it disappeared, when I felt someone kick my leg hard.

"Ow." I muttered, looking back at the stage, but everyone was staring at me. I glanced to my right to see Ivy sitting next to me, a smug smile plastered across her face. I glared at her, from the corner of my eye, as I felt a bruise forming on my leg.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" Flicker said, bringing me back to reality. She gestured for me to stand and when I did, I felt all eyes on me. I gulped nervously as I tried to remember my name.

"Um, I'm Arabella from Alyssum too." Flicker urged me to carry on so I racked my brain trying to think of something to say.

"I guess, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and hope we can all get along." I smiled, proud of my answer, since it didn't seem to shock or piss anyone off.

"Nerd." I heard her cough under a breath, earning a few snickers from around the room. I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour and sat back down.

A tall girl with fiery red curls that were tied back, stood up next. She had freckles littered across her face and light green eyes. "I'm Sienna from Silene, and I guess I'm just going to reiterate what Ivy said before, expect with a little more class." This time it was mine turn to laugh and I made sure that Ivy heard loud and clear.

Flicker pointed to the girl sitting next to Silene, and she eagerly jumped up. Her skin was dark and her bushy inky black hair was put up into a bun, keeping it from falling in-front of her face.

"I'm Danielle from Juniper, and let's just say that crown will be mine." She gave us all a fake smile, before sitting back down. What the hell is wrong with these girls? Don't they see the fucked up situation they're in right now?

Another followed and she was significantly shorter than the rest of us. She had long thin hair that was almost white and it matched her milky skin. Her doe eyes widened as she took in how many people were watching and like me she looked nervous.

"Hi, I'm Astrid from Kalmia. I wish for us all to be friends and I hope that we get along. Who knows, we might just end up needing each other?" Her words were left reeling in my mind, as Rory introduced herself. She may be right.