Chapter |34| My Rock

True to Xander's word, I hadn't eaten a meal without someone breathing down my neck

True to Xander's word, I hadn't eaten a meal without someone breathing down my neck. It' was fine though. I knew they just wanted the best for me and truthfully the no privacy, kind of helped.

Despite it only being two days since the incident, I had really started to see a change. My skin was back to its normal colour, my headaches had gone and my body was functioning properly.

Just yesterday I had another examination from the doctor and he said that I was practically back to normal. With the help of some vitamin boosting pills, I should be good.

I was thankful that I was well enough to compete in the competition today. I couldn't afford to miss it and I was weirdly excited for it. It was intellectual, the one thing I actually scored well in, and I could use a change of routine.

Hardin's words were constantly ringing in my ears, 'You're the one'. He called me the one.

Did he even mean that, or was it just in the heart of the moment?

Regardless I was happy with the way I handled it. I knew for a fact that people would not be happy if Hardin just cut the competition short and even then, the King would've have allowed it.

The only way to be together is by winning the competition and yet it shouldn't matter.

If he was so confident in his choice, then I should win, right? Two months shouldn't matter, not if we were soulmates.

I wanted to give him time and also give myself time. There was a lot more than just being a wife that came with the job. I needed to be ready, before jumping into a marriage we may both regret in the years to come.

"I think black jeans would go well with the shirt, or perhaps we should try this red blouse instead." It had been over an hour and Flo still hadn't picked out and outfit.

Apparently the competition was going to be very private today. No cameras, just us and the test, whatever it may be.

"Yeah, that one." I mumbled, flicking over to the next page of my book.

"You're not even looking Ari, I swear sometimes it's like I'm the only one cares about how you look."

"Because you are." She huffed whilst I secretly giggled. I loved pissing her off, testing her temper was probably my favourite thing to.

"Fine then, here. Black jeans, maroon blouse and matching wedges." I grumbled a thanks as she switched my book for clothes.

I pulled my shirt overhead, and replaced it with the silky blouse that stopped just above my waist. The jeans were high-waisted so I tucked in my blouse and then slipped on my heels. Flo quickly ran a comb through my hair and then I dabbed on a little lip gloss, before smacking my lips together to make that funny sound.

I looked like I was about go out with the girls on a night in the town, rather than compete in a competition that would better my chance of marrying the Prince and therefore becoming the Queen.