Chapter |26| A Painful Injury

Today was the physical competition and there was no doubt that I was going to lose

Today was the physical competition and there was no doubt that I was going to lose. I had been putting in some extra hours at the gym, especially focusing on the weights with the help of Rory.

I swear, that girl could bench more than most of the guards. She was strong as hell.

I'd already showered and eaten my healthy breakfast which consisted of a bowl of fruit, a glass of water and I managed to convince Flo to sneak me a muffin from the kitchen.

What? A girl's gotta eat.

Flo ran hers hands through my wavy locks and then grabbed a section at the front, intricately plaiting it into a Dutch braid and then tied it into my high pony tail. She grabbed a piece of hair and wraps it around my bobble, securely fastening it with a bobby pin, making it look like the bobble was never there.

My face was dusted over with a light layer of foundation and then she brushed on some highlighter and lined my lips with a matte nude lipstick.

I was sort of digging the style, it was pretty but still looked natural.

I was wearing a pair of skin tight black yoga pants and a lavender tank top with spaghetti straps. I managed to convince Xander to let me wear a tank top instead of a sports bra, that practically showcased my muffin top.

Yes, I hadn't been feeling very confident this week, especially about my body.

Rory told me to own all my curves and that she would kill for them but I would gladly trade and have her slender waist anyday. Whenever I looked into a mirror, all I saw was flab.

"Wow, you definitely look the part." Flo stated proudly, admiring her handy work.

"You did a good job. Quickly, let's do our handshake before grumpy Xander gets here and spoils our fun." She giggled in agreement and we quickly did our handshake.

"I swear to try until my muscles give up." That was the best that I could do.

"I swear to be proud no matter what place you come." I smiled at her and brought her in for a hug just as the door swung open.

"Oh thank god, I missed that dreadful thing you two do." We both rolled our eyes and I sat on the bed to put on my socks and black trainers.

I removed my necklace and handed it over to Flo, who promised to keep it safe for me, and then followed Xander out the door. The competition was live with an added audience so we were getting briefed in the conference room and then walking down on our own.

I took my usual seat besides Rory who looked raring to go in her bicycle shorts and tight sports bra. Like usual, she looked amazing, in fact all the girls did.

I suddenly felt very self conscious, when I realised I was the only one wearing a sports bra. I looked and felt totally out of place.

"Ladies for today's physical, you will be doing something extremely simple but very hard. You will all be in a straight line on the stage and then, stand there with a large barrel held over your heads for as long as you can. The winner is the last one standing. Right, now I want you to leave in this order. Sienna, Ivy, Rory, Astrid and Arabella. You will walk outside, the audience and people will be watching remember. You will then make your way onto the stage, and stand still until further instructions are given. Clear?" We all nodded and I waited patiently until all the other girls had left, before making my way down.