Chapter |22| Underneath The Stars

^^Listen to: You're somebody else ~ Flora Cash whilst reading this chapter.

Flo gave me all the scoop from last night. Apparently I came last in the polls, no surprise there, and Hardin took Rory on my date. I guess that was better than it being Ivy or Sienna but it still hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy for Rory. She deserved to have a wonderful night more than anyone and I'm sure the two of them had a lovely night. It just stung, knowing that it could of been me with him.

Flo also got a glimpse at the date Hardin set up, when the maids were getting it all ready and apparently it was the most romantic date yet. A candle lit dinner in a private room, no cameras as well.

No cameras, meaning they could have done anything in there.

I wanted to ask her if they kissed. Then again, that would be rude right?

I should just wait and see if she said anything, who knows, she might want someone to confide in? God, why is this bothering me so much?

"Rise and shine Ari." Flo announced, ripping my curtains open and placing a bowl of steaming hot porridge and a mug of cold milk down onto my desk.

"I've been up for about an hour." I whined, pulling off the covers and stuffing my feet into a pair of fluffy slippers.

"Rough night?"

"My body is still sore and every time I turned around in my bed, I felt this scorching pain. Like my skin was burning off and when I put water on it, it hurt even more. I could kill Ivy and Sienna." I muttered the last part under my breath.

"But you can't, because that would just end up in you being eliminated. Something we don't want." She gave me a knowing look to which I just rolled my eyes at.

I sat down and slowly stirred my porridge, mixing in the warm succulent honey. The milk washed down my throat and by the end of my meal I was left with a full belly and a milk moustache. I didn't even realise until Flo managed to point to the mirror in her hysterical fit of laughter.

I playfully shoved her and laughed to myself as I walked into the bathroom. My body was still aching but the burning has subsided, meaning I could finally have a cool shower.

I stripped and turned on the water, before having a good twenty minute soak. It never ceased to amaze me at how awesome it felt to have a nice long shower.

We only used to ever get barely five minutes to wash everything and most times people had left over shampoo in their hair and still stunk.

I wrapped a blue towel around my body and walked back into my room, where Flo handed me undergarments and a white dress. The neckline showed hardly any cleavage and the the dress ended just above my knees.

It was incredibly form-fitting, capturing all my curves, but other than that, it was quite modest.

I paired it with some velvet black pumps and put on a gold bracelet, with some matching dangly earrings and my necklace. Flo left my hair in its naturally wavy form and placed a bobby pin on either side of my head, to pin my hair away from my face.