Chapter |20| The Forbidden Fruit

Friday rolled around fast

Friday rolled around fast. My morning was spent reading my new novel, curtesy of Hardin, and sipping coffee whilst eating chocolate cookies, which have quickly become my favourite food.

I honestly don't know how I survived life without them.

I decided to go outside for a little while and get some air to clear my head before tonight. Tonight was my second chance at a date with Hardin.

We spoken a few times, after accidentally bumping into each other in the hallways but that was about it. Our conversions were pleasant but they always felt so stiff and professional.

Maybe after tonight, when we get to know each other a little more, things would be better?

I put on some white converses with my lime green dress and head out. I know, weird colour to wear, but the dress was surprisingly beautiful and complimented my figure well. My hair was let loose and slung over my shoulder and I had a fluffy white cardigan over my dress.

The girls were normally always outside, especially with the sudden increase in temperature. Rory was running around the grounds, Astrid was sat on a bench sketching away and Ivy and Sienna were over by the roses gossiping.

I decided just to walk around and let my feet decided, when Sienna unexpectedly called me over. I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest as I made my way over.

I made sure to keep a good distance between me and Ivy, who was busy examining her nails as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Arabella, I feel like I haven't seen you all week." I could see straight through the fake smile plastered on her face but keep a smile on mine anyway.

"Yes well, I prefer inside to the outdoors. Plus, I'm not very fond of the company you keep." Ivy scoffed and then returned back to focusing on her nails.

What was so damn interesting about her nails?

"Still that shouldn't keep us from hanging out? Here, I found this fruit in the bushes over there. They're amazing. Try some." She turned around, only to spin back around with something shining brightly in her hands.

I was taken about by this sudden act of kindness and although I was very sceptical about her, the fruit did look very appetising.

The orangey yellow colour was almost gold and there was a magical shimmer coating the whole of the outside. It was about the size of an orange and I felt weirdly compelled to eat it. Without even thinking, my hands reaches out and I took a big chunk out of it.

I moaned in delight, taking another bite of the juicy goodness. I don't think I had ever eaten something so delicious before, this definitely beat cookies.

I could feel the yellow juice travel down my throat and into my body. Suddenly, I felt so alive. The juice pumped through my body, flowing through my veins and I become addicted.