Chapter |28| Blood Red

Thursday night was horrible and as a result the dates were moved to Saturday, i

Thursday night was horrible and as a result the dates were moved to Saturday, i.e. today, instead. It was the first time in my life that I'd ever been truly scared of what could have happened.

Flo could have died, hell, she almost did. I couldn't even think about what would have happened if Hardin hadn't have run in after me.

There was no way I would have been able to have carried Flo and we both probably would have died. 

Flo was still in the hospital buts he  was recovering well. I saw her early this morning and she was her usually peppy self, trying to boost up my confidence for tonight.

Tonight, where I was hopefully going to have my first date.

I was appointed a new maid called Helga, but less than a couple of hours with her and I already hated her. I swear she learnt her manners off Ivy.

She was always judging every single thing I dis and she pulled this awful face if I stuffed my face with ice cream because my friend almost died in a fire and it just dawned on me that the guy I like was I n a relationship with four other girls.

I was currently trying to paint my own toe nails, something I'd never done since Lilia used to do them for me, and it was going terribly wrong. For one, I think I used the wrong colour.

I wanted a simple pearl white just so my nails would shimmer but this looked more like yellow and the paint was practically all over my toe apart from on my actual toe nail. I'd also got half the paint on my hands and a bunch of tissues that are coated with the paint too.

I did ask my maid for help but I received three angry grunts as a response and then she muttered something in a language I didn't understand, before starting to clean my bathroom.

Several knocks sounded on my door and I screwed the lid back onto the nail polish, but my maid came rushing in and opened it up before I could even get off my bed.

The one thing this woman did well was answering the door. She was like a cheetah when she heard a knock.

"Oh hi, you must be Flo's replacement. I'm Prince Hardin, here to see Arabella. Lovely to meet you," Hardin politely put out his hand for Helga to shake but she instead she grabbed a basket full of laundry and left the room.

"Wow she's um.."

"Rude, angry, grumpy, looks like she would rather be in hell than here with me." I recited, blowing on my toes in an attempt to make them dry faster.

"Yep, that practically sums her up. What's wrong with her? What did you do?" Hardin shut the door and then walked over, sitting himself down on my bed.

"I did nothing, I swear. She just hates me, and all people I guess." I shrugged, remembering her cold behaviour towards Xander earlier on.

"Well anyways, I came here to check up on you. Last night was...hard for a lot of people, especially you. You almost died."