Chapter |9| A Grand Entrance

I'm still unsure whether Liam was real or not

I'm still unsure whether Liam was real or not. He's like a constant plague on my mind and whatever I do, I can't seem to get him out of my mind.

His beautifully unusual eyes, his perfect tanned skin, his dark luscious hair, his cute deep dimples. I mean, no person could be so perfect right?

He was so dreamy. Maybe he was a ghost? I've never been one to believe in such fairytales but I can't cancel out the possibility.

I also asked Xander if there was a guard called Liam anywhere on the grounds and he was quite certain that there wasn't. Of course he could've been wrong, like he said so himself.

I've spent the past few days getting to know Rory and Astrid more. Me and Rory have grown closer but it's as if Astrid wants to distance herself. She does have the right idea, since we're all meant to be enemies, but I honestly don't know what I would do without Rory by my side.

Die of boredom probably.

Me and Rory watched some movies together yesterday and the day before that I spent it with Astrid, drawing and crafting. I can't draw to save my life so it was basically Astrid drawing whilst I watched. She's actually an incredible artist and I persuaded her to create some art work for the Prince in hopes of gaining his favour.

I know it's a competition and if Xander found out I was helping Astrid, he would kill me but I would rather help a friend than pretend to be someone else just to make some Prince like me.

My conclusion is that I'll try my best, help the others and be true to myself.

If the Prince happens to take a liking towards me, then great, if he doesn't then I'm not going to hurt the others or try to be something I'm not just to win his heart.

I doubt he'll even choose me anyway, and I doubt I'll like him. Rory was telling me the stories that her handmaiden told her about Prince Hardin. Apparently one of his favourite hobbies is seducing women from his father's frivolous parties and bringing them up to his room. There's even rumour that he has a tally board, counting how many women he's slept with.

Another thing is that he apparently disappears at night for hours and no-one knows where he goes, not even his father or closest friends.

"Come on, come on. We have to get ready." Flo shouts at me as she rushed over to my vanity table and starts to unload all the makeup she was carrying in her arms. I glance at the clock and then sigh loudly, catching her action.

"Ari, this is no time to dawdle. We have to get you ready for tonight." Ahh tonight. The night that Xander and Flo have been fussing about all week.

It's the first night of the dates and also the first live televised broadcast to introduce us to the public. Something I most definitely am not looking forward too.

"Flo, it's only four. We've got another three hours until the dates." I whine as I fall back onto the bed. Sleep has been a luxury here. I get to have as much of it as I want, which has honestly been my favourite thing about this place. Well that and the food, of course.