Chapter |10| Prince Hardin

Bright cameras flashed in my face, impairing my vision for a moment

Bright cameras flashed in my face, impairing my vision for a moment. It sounded as if hundreds of people were screaming things at me all at once and yet I couldn't understand a single one.

Take a deep breath. You can do this.

As elegantly as I could, I raised my head high and took a step into the busy room. This place has certainly changed since the ball. Everything seemed to be the complete opposite to last time. Instead of black, dark blue and purple being the running theme, it was gold.

Huge crystal chandeliers hung down and sparkled brightly, emitting a large amount of light around the room. The window were now on full displaying, allowing the moon to beam inside. The floors were made out of gold panels, shiny enough to see my own reflection. The walls were painted white and a red carpet lay out in-front of me, marking my path.

I looked to the right, to see six pink comfortable-looking arm chairs, positioned in a perfect line, sitting there. There was a mini stage with a microphone, next to it, and in-front of it all were lines and lines of chairs for the audience.

I could see a peek of two golden thrones but not the people sitting on it as about five men were stood in-front, blocking my view. I really wanted to get just a tiny glimpse of the Prince so I could see what all the fuss was about, but I guess that would have to wait.

I reached the bottom of the stairs, giving everyone a better look at me and my dress. They flashed pictures, held video cameras up to my face but I remembered to act poised and controlled the whole time. As I walked down the red carpet, I could hear my name being screamed, which brought a small smile to my face.

I looked up and there was me in all my glory, plastered on two identical screens hanging from the ceiling.

I climbed up the three stairs, which lead up to my seat, carefully. I passed Sienna and then Danielle, who gave me a menacing glare. Rory  gave me a small smile, and I took my seat which was fourth down the line. Due to where my seat was I still couldn't see the Prince or the King, so I guess I just had to be patient about it.

The doors opened again revealing Astrid, who looked just as shocked as I did. A small blush crept up on her cheeks and she smiled shyly, giving everyone a small wave as she walked down the stairs.

Her dress was white, almost the same shade as her hair, which was straightened and fell down her back. Her makeup was light, but she was wearing quite a heavy amount of highlight making her glow. In all honesty, she looked an angel.

I gave her a wave and smile as she sat down next to me, which she returned, and then turned back to face the crowd. My eyes searched until they found Xander who was sat on the third row. He gave me a wink and a subtle thumbs up, which means I'm doing good I guess.

A man stepped out and banged the large cane he was holding in his hands twice, gaining everyone's attention. "Presenting Miss Ivy." The doors opened once again and Ivy gracefully entered the room. I cursed under my breath as I noted how regal and beautiful she looked. Her dress was gold and matched the whole interior, not to mention her hair which was held up with lots of gold pins.