Chapter |3| The Palace

I forgot to mention the other path you can go down when you turn 18

There's sold to be a wife, used as a human incubator for the rest of your life, or if it's the year the heir of the throne is going to be crowned, there's being chosen for the coming of age competition.

The coming of age competition is where one girl from each of the sectors is pulled from the auctions and forced to compete in order to win the Prince's heart.

It's televised and the public have been waiting 21 years for this event. It's basically a reality tv show and the public even get to vote on their favourite girl.

I don't know anything else about it apart from the little we were taught during our history lessons, but it's just my luck that I turn 18 the year the competition is being held.

I hate this stupid society and their sexist rules. Never mind marry the future leader of it.

I would rather be sold or even forced to live in the labs, anything but compete in a completely degrading competition, where the prize is some stuffy crown and a rude Prince.

"She's quite beautiful actually, I think the Prince will be quite taken with her. No, I don't know anything about her yet. I haven't looked at the files, I would rather hear it from her mouth instead. Well, if she is then it's too late. You know we only get one chance to pick a girl. I thought I was screwed when I pulled out the blue cloth, but surprisingly Alyssum has quite pretty girls. There were a lot of nines this year. Yes but..." The loud posh voice was the only thing I could hear, as I was still trapped in darkness.

I tried to stir awake but whatever they put over my mouth was strong and knocked me out good. My eyelids were heavy but somehow, I managed to force them open, long enough, to see the man from before talking on his cell phone.

"Uhh," I groaned as I had the biggest headache ever. It felt like I'd just been hit by a ton of bricks and the harsh sunlight beaming down on me, didn't help.

"She's waking up, I have to go." The man quickly whispered into the phone, before tucking it back into his pocket.

"Finally awake sleeping beauty." He sang, as he pulled me into a seated position. As I took in my surroundings, I quickly realised I was in a moving car, well limo actually.

There was enough space to fit twenty people in here and there were two bottles of champagne sitting in an ice bucket, right in front of me. What the hell is going on?

I glanced down, noticing that I now wearing a pair of shorts and long over sized t-shirt. My hand quickly made its way to my neck and I let out a sigh of relief when I found that my necklace was still around my neck.