Chapter |36| The Suite

^^Listen to: I hate you, I love you ~ Olivia O'Brien and Gnash whilst reading this chapter.

The results came in yesterday

The results came in yesterday. I came second. I guess that was to be expected though. Hardin did say that Ivy was the most confident, and anyone with a pair of eyes could have seen it.

It was just natural that she would have won, besides I won the last competition that Haridn judged so it just would have been fishy if I won this one too.

Surprisingly, Astrid came in third and Rory last. She seemed disheartened but after devouring a pint of ice cream and a couple of doughnuts she was fine.

I pulled on my grey leggings and a short sleeved pink crop top. I slipped on some ballet flats and then filled up my water bottle using a pitcher. I quickly tied my hair into a tight plait and then slung it over my shoulder, just as the door creaked open.

"No, you can't!" Flo screamed from behind me, dropping everything in her hands.

"Ari, I won't let you. You know what happened last time and I don't understand why, you're beautiful and skinny and gorgeous. If you are going to the gym you have to eat at least four pieces of toast, drink lots of water and then I'll watch you work out to make sure you're alright."

My heart clenched at how much she cared. I mentally awed and then ran forward to hug her. She stumbled back slightly in shock, before wrapping her arms around me.

"Oh Flo, I'm just going to dance. I'm sorry, I will never do that again."

"Dance? I didn't know you danced." One of my many secrets.

"Sometimes I do. I haven't since I got here though. Lack of inspiration, I guess. I'll be fine though, I promise." She paused for moment, thinking it over and then nodded slowly.

"Okay, but be careful and I want you back here in two hours. Otherwise, I'll send out a search party." There was no doubt in my mind that she would.

"Thank you so much." I pressed a kiss onto her cheek, before running straight to the gym.

Thankfully the place was empty. I had stalked out the place for a few days, trying to find out when the best time to come would be and apparently working out in the middle of the afternoon didn't suit many people.

I set down my bottle and walked over to the speaker, selecting a song. I stretched first, warming up my limbs, until a good song came on. I normally liked to dance to slow songs. I liked to lose myself to the melody of them, immerse myself in the music.

I closed my eyes and began to dance. The music powering my every move. I spun, and then fell to the ground. Gracefully my legs moved, sweeping across the floor and I pushed up.

I listened closely to the line.

'I hate you, I love you. I hate that I love you'

I don't know why but the song hit me hard. It made me want to scream, cry, just let go but instead I danced. I danced until the song faded out and then the music switched off.