Chapter |23| Jealousy From The Crown

Last night was the greatest night of my life

Last night was the greatest night of my life. I could still feel his lips pressed against mine, his hands running across my bare skin, the way his silky hair felt between my fingers.

After our kiss, Hardin rolled off me and we simply laid there in silence, our hands clasped together, watching the midnight sky. There were a few stolen kisses but nothing to hot and heavy like our first.

They were sweet and gentle, and I know that even if I leave, I would forever cherish them.

My first kiss. My first kiss and it was with Hardin. I swear, I still feel like I dreamt up last night.

I managed to make it back to my room, before the sun came up, and got a few hours rest until Flo burst in to wake me up. I didn't think I should tell anyone.

If I told Flo, she would have ended up blabbing to Xander and then he would brag to all the other advisors, who in turn would tell the other girls, which was definitely the last thing I wanted.

What happened on the roof was sacred and private, no-one else's business apart from mine and Hardin's.

I absentmindedly flick through the pages of my book, my thoughts still plagued by Hardin, and my fingers found their way to my lips.

I laughed quietly, remembering every single touch, moan and shiver given to me by him last night.

God, my body was craving him so bad.

I wondered if he had done that with any of the other girls before and suddenly this jealous rage consumed my body. I hated the idea of him kissing the others, touching them like he touched me.

That's pathetic, right? I couldn't expect him not to do stuff with the other girls, it was the whole point of this stupid competition.

I set my book down and walked over to the window, showcasing the whole grounds of the Palace. I could spot Astrid and Rory in the gardens like usual, and thankfully Sienna and Ivy are nowhere to be found.

There were a couple of guards walking around the grounds but other than that it looked pretty empty and I could do with some fresh air.

Grabbing a cropped denim jacket, I pulled it over my baby pink dress and slipped on a pair of white sandals. I gave Flo the day off, convincing her that I'm perfectly capable of dressing myself, and can survive a day without her help.

I ate breakfast in the hall today and I would probably just pick up a snack from the kitchen for lunch, although I did have a very filling breakfast so maybe skipping lunch wouldn't be so bad.

I navigated myself through the long winding hallways and successfully managed to get outside without having to stop and ask for directions. I looked down for a spilt second, before suddenly crashing into something rock hard like a wall.