Chapter |15| Getting Dirty

Today is the competition I fear most

Today is the competition I fear most. I'm quite smart, apparently I'm not too bad sexually, but strength is where my faults lay.

I'm not weak but I can't exactly fight another person and win, or run five laps straight without stopping.

My body can't exert that much strength or endurance. I've never been fast, or strong. I left that to the other girls. I'm quite fit and healthy but force me climb up a rope and I'm done.

There's not much I can do to fix it either. For the intellectual competitions, I can study and then I guess I can do the same for the sexual but how can I prepare for the physical?

By running a million miles, by lifting weights?

No, I just have to wing it.

Xander tried to teach me a few defence techniques, which I can now not remember, and Flo was telling me how to battle through a stitch and allow myself to get more oxygen into my lungs, whilst running.

It's not like it's going to work though. To be honest, I don't think any of us girls are quite strong.

We all look like sweet docile creatures, which I know is completely wrong, since some of the girls are savage and willing to do anything to win, but can I really imagine any of them in a fight?

A physical fight? No.

I took a shower and drank some tea with my porridge and berries, a meal considered to be 'healthy' and help me in today's competition.

Flo decided to cover my face in a light layer of foundation and then applied some highlighter and mascara. My lips were coated in a thick layer of lipgloss, making them shimmer and stand out.

For my hair, we decided the most practical thing to do would be to style into a simple plait. However simple for Flo, meant an intricate Dutch plait with glittering bobby pins, pushed in to add 'elegance' to my whole look.

My simple look for today became completely over the top, but since Flo and Xander are happy, I'm not bothered.

My outfit consisted of sleek black leggings, that had cuts at the bottom, covered in mesh. Then a fitted black tank top, and black and white trainers.

The competition was taking place outside on the lawn, so I wore a comfy hoodie over the top. I tried to zip it up multiple times, only for my hands to be swatted away by Flo.

Ever since winning both competitions, the girls have been more bitchier than usual. Even Astrid and Rory have been distant.

Whenever I offered up my room for a sleepover, they politely decline and have been using every excuse in the book to avoid having dinner with me.

In other words, it's been a very lonely week.

I'm staring to get Hardin's frustration when I ignored him, and I can't even confront them about it, since every time we do meet they act even nicer than usual.