Chapter |35| The Innocence Of An Angel

My mind keeps replaying the kiss that almost occurred between me and Wyatt

My mind keeps replaying the kiss that almost occurred between me and Wyatt. Part of me felt guilty for letting us get that close but then another part is regretful because I turned away.

Some nights I dreamt about what would have happened if we did kiss.

Would sparks have flown? Would it cement the idea that we're not meant to be, or would it show me that we're soulmates?

The week flew by and it was filled with eating a lot of food, reading, working out and avoiding the only men in my life.

Wyatt for obvious reasons but Hardin because I felt guilty. I was competing to be wife and I almost kissed his best friend.

What kind of person does that?

Hardin was willing to end this entire competition for me and yet I refused. I was the one who said we needed time and I was the one who nearly kissed his best friend.

Then again, he had kissed mine and another girl and he's probably made out with Ivy.

So, was it really cheating? We weren't together but the rules stated I couldn't be with another man during the competition. Technically, the only thing I was wronging was the law.

I had  to put that aside for now and focus on today's competition. The third sexual competition, and I was freaking out.

The last time I saw Hardin was probably the day after me and Wyatt almost kissed. It was very brief and formal, a simple greeting and a quick hug but that was all.

I was kind of glad he comforted Ivy. She definitely needed it. She didn't leave her room until yesterday and I could still see the faint tear tracks marked down her face.

Ivy came last, me third, Astrid second and Rory first, but I couldn't care less about the scores.

That competition was damaging and wicked. I couldn't believe the King thought it would be a good idea.

Today's competition was going to be very private just like last week's. No cameras although the viewers would get a brief description about what we had to do.

We each had set time slots so no group work like last time, although I preferred it to the intimacy that came from it being just me and Hardin.

Flo wanted to create a theme for today and I had to say, she thought it up nicely. The theme was angel, to represent my innocence and virginity. Her words, not mine.

At least it was better than dressing up in scantily clad undergarments that left nothing to the imagination.

I was the last, one again, so that meant I had more time to spend getting ready. My hair was already done, my onyx locks coiled into tight curls and left down. Flo was  finishing up the last touches of my make-up and then I was ready.