1| A Not-So-Happy Reunion!

Hey everyone! it's naa from the future! err... or past, or, you know what? I have no idea. But I'm here to tell you that this is the rewrite of chapter one! From scratch! But it still follows roughly the same plot. It was just changed to be better. I'm going to include the original version at the bottom just in case any of you want to read it. Also, I planned the rewrite to have like 5k words but ended up writing 6.9k words. So be warned that this is the longest chapter in the series. As of now at least.

Well, I won't keep you here any longer, So I hope you enjoy this,

-naakrA

<<<===>>>

Date: Tuesday, April 7th

A raven-haired boy sighed as he walked out of Viridian City's Pokémart. He looked up towards the sky as he held Professor Oak's package in his hand.

This was Ash Ketchum, Pokémon Trainer, and one of the people who helped save Kalos. The now 15, nearly 16, years old boy was running an errand for Professor Oak. But his thoughts were on another matter entirely.

"I can't believe that it's already been a month," Ash muttered to himself. It all still felt unreal. It was only 2 months ago that Ash lost to Alain in the Kalos League. 2 months since Team Flare tried to 'change' the world. And 1 month since he said goodbye to Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont.

After Team Flare's attempt to destroy the world, something that people have started to call the 'Kalos Crisis', Ash had stayed in Kalos for another month as he waited for the airport to be opened again. During his stay there, he had provided whatever help he could give to restore Lumiose city to its former glory.

After 1 month of waiting, the airport was finally opened once more, and before Ash knew it, it was time for him to go back to Kanto. Back to Pallet Town, where he had grown up and where he had first decided to become a Pokémon master.

"So, this is it huh?" Ash said as he looked at his friends, on his shoulder was his first pokemon, Pikachu. He was in the newly rebuilt Lumiose Airport. In front of him stood his friends, Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont. He had already said goodbye to Sawyer, Alain, and his other friends from Kalos at Professor Sycamore's lab. Only his closest friends, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie came to see him off at the airport.

"Do you really have to go Ash?" Bonnie whined. She ran forward and hugged Ash tightly. "Why can't you just stay here? You can live with me and Clemont and you can help me when I become a trainer and we can enter the next League Conference together."

"Bonnie, stop it," Clemont said. "You can't just expect Ash to stay here. He has a life of his own too you know." He pressed some buttons on the strap of his backpack and robotic arms came out and grabbed onto Bonnie's shirt.

"Why?" Bonnie whined as she held on tightly onto Ash.

Ash smiled sadly at Bonnie. "Bonnie, I'm glad that you want me to stay. But I can't." He said softly to her. "It's not that I don't care about you. I mean, I'm definitely going to miss you so much." Ash glanced at Serena and Clemont. "All of you. But I can't stay here. My dream is to become a Pokémon Master and I can't do that if I just stayed in one place. I want to travel the world, meet all kinds of Pokémon, battle strong trainers, and keep on challenging leagues until one day, I'll become a true Pokémon Master."

Bonnie looked at Ash with teary eyes. "Well, can't I come with you?" Bonnie said. "If you can't stay here then I want to come with you. I want to travel the world too."