Chapter 17

Mo held Kai in her arms looking down at his face.

She rocked him back & forth "He is just the cutest" she said looking down at him.

Diem smiled "What you doing for Thanksgiving ?" She asked as she put Kai's pacifier in his mouth.

Mo shrugged her shoulders "To tell you the truth I don't know" she continued rocking Kai.

"My momma having a party, y'all can slide through" Diem smirked.

Mo nodded her head "I'll be there " — "Lee's mom invited me to her house too, so I definitely will be going too both" she smiled still looking down at Kai.

Diem nodded her head "Okay, well I think it's time for Kai's milk time" Diem baby talked too Kai while picking him up.

Mo fiddled with her finger "I got something too tell you" Mo spoke.

"Yeah wassup" she responded while pulling her breast out.

"I'm pregnant " she mumbled.

"Huh?" Diem wrinkled her eyebrows.

"I said I'm pregnant " She spoke up.

Diem's eyes widened "Nah stop playing" she smiled.

"I'm serious" Mo smiled.

Diem squealed "How far along are you?"

"I'm 4 months" she lifted her shirt showing off her belly.

Diem smiled ear to ear "I'm so happy for you, how did Lee feel about it?" She asked while feeding Kai.

"Girl he too damn happy" Mo laughed putting her shirt back down. — "I'm glad he's excited tho" Mo smiled harder.

Diem smirked "That's good, you told Chump?" Diem asked.

Mo shook her head "I haven't been able to get in touch with her like that" she said.

"Tuh, tell me about it" Diem mumbled.

"Maybe she'll reach out for thanksgiving " Mo softly bit her lip.

"Hopefully " Diem replied while rocking Kai.

________________________________

"If yeen finna buy some sneakers get out, y'all lil niggas been in here too long" Lee said snatching the shoes out of the boy's hands.

One of the boys mugged "We can't window shop damn" he mumbled as the three walked out the store.

"Kee we closing up early today, it's Thanksgiving boy" Leon rubbed his hands together.

Kee smirked "I know yo momma finna cook sum up really nice" he smiled.

"Hell yeah" Leon replied while counting the money in the register.

"Trey you gon close up in here for me" Leon asked one of his workers.

"I gotchu boss" he replied while sweeping the floor.

Leon walked out the store with Kee on his back.

He unlocked his car door & looked over at the place beside him.

The building had been up for sale for years. Nobody ever bought the property, so Lee was confused too see the lights on in the building.

He walked closer "Hold on Kee" he said going into the store.

"Hello anybody here" Lee yelled out.