Chapter 9

Monet

" What about this building " Mo said pointing her long light blue acrylics too the screen.

Diem pursed her lips shaking her head " Uhn, Uhn that one don't have enough space, — She typed on the keyboard, pulling up another lot.

" How about this one " Diem pointed.

Mo cocked her head too the side, nodding excessively " Yes thats the one bitch "— " When can I start the buying process " she asked looking up at Diem.

Diem shrugged " Its my lot property so I can sell it too you " — " But i'll give it too you for a lower price 150k" she said clasping her hands together.

Mo mugged her " Girl lower price for what, ima give you all your coins" She said getting out of her computer chair.

Diem shrugged " Ight then ". They both made their way too the living room where Von & Leon were playing UFC.

" Baby, baby look — Von pointed too the screen " Im beating this nigga ass" he said jumping up and down in his seat.

Lee looked over at him " Nigga what you winning one game outta 4 & you think you doing something " .

Von scoffed, cocking his lips to the side " yeah ight " .

Diem rolled her eyes — " Girl anyways, when you wanna come down to my office & sign these papers so we can get the process started " she clasped her hands together.

" Whenever you got any free time " Monet said — " it's no rush "

Diem nodded her head.

Lee threw his controller " This shit cheated " .

He sat on the other couch pulling Mo onto his lap.

Von side eyed Lee " Boy fuck allat, I beat that ass " .

The sound of ringing in Diems pocket took her attention.

She smiled answering the phone " Hello" — Her smile soon faded "Wh- what, where is she" — Panic took over her voice.

A tear slid down her face & before you knew it another came down followed by another.

Von stood there confused of the situation.

" Okay im coming " she sniffed trying too wipe the tears from her face even though they continued too fall.

Mo stood up " D whats wrong " she leaned down too be leveled.

She sobbed lowly "My baby is in the hospital " — " I gotta go "

" We coming " I said grabbing my purse " — " Yeah " Lee said getting up.

____________________________________

The aura of the hospital seemed so quiet tonight. There were no nurses rushing around trying too get to spots. Or any people in & out the ER. It must have been a smooth night for them.

Diem sat in the chair rocking back & forth fiddling with her hands as dry tears stuck too her brown cheeks. Von held her, rocking with her.