Chapter 23

"Lee you can't take my baby from me that's not right" Tee, Lee's cousin pleaded.

Lee scoffed "You kicked him out over a nigga you clearly don't want him" Lee stood on her porch.

He looked around "And look where you got him staying, he don't even got his own room here you got him sharing it with two other kids that ain't even yours" Lee shook his head.

Tee mugged "I'm doing my best, we moving soon and Kee gonna have his own room tell him he can come home" Tee whined.

Lee snickered "He don't wanna come back here, now we can do this the easy way you give me all his information so I can get him enrolled in school over there or you do this the hard way and I take you to court" He shrugged.

"Leon you go too hell" She threw the papers at him.

"I'll see you there" he mumbled.

Leon got back in his car pulling off out of the bad neighborhood.

The way Lee looked at it, he understood people struggled but what he didn't understand is why bring a child into this world if you know you weren't mentally or physically ready to take care of them.

He pulled up too his store, seeing a line of people but they weren't exactly outside of his store.

He got out seeing Kee outside waiting.

"What all these people doing out here?" Leon asked him unlocking his doors.

"Grand opening, shawty next door open up today" Kee pointed over at her.

She was smiling talking to the people outside, she looked over at Lee, he realized her dimples were now pierced.

She walked over "Hey neighbor" She smirked.

He nodded "Wassup."

She pursed her lips "Looking a little empty in there" She peeked her head in the store.

He mugged opening the door letting Kee in.

She giggled "I'm just joking" She placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't you got a store to run" he moved her hand.

Her expression went sour "My bad" She walked off.

Don't get Lee wrong, the girl was attractive and if he wasn't so in love with Mo, he would probably be all over that.

He shook his head walking into the store.

"Why the fuck is everybody late" He mumbled.

"Kee call all the employees and figure out where the fuck they at" Lee shook his head.

Kee got on the phone.

"There go Shawn right there" Lee got up going outside.

"Shawn why you so damn late?" He asked holding the door open.

"I- I'm man I'm coming to put in my 2 week notice" he mumbled.

Lee mugged "For what?" He asked.

"I found a job with better pay" He shrugged.

Lee waved him off closing the door.

Customers were starting to come in.

Sales were very low today though.

Leon decided to go next door and see exactly what was different with his store & this girls.

"KickswitTiff" he read her sign out loud.