Chapter 11

Monet

There stood Monet's mom in the driveway.

She wore a red trench coat, and ankle high black boots.

She had a concerned look on her face. " I need you" She said in her raspy voice.

Monet's mom was 48, she didn't have job, she basically lived off of Damion, Mo's father. She had money a nice big house she was living the american dream. Thats why Mo didn't understand why her parents never wanted her.

" What you want Pam " Mo said calling her mom by her real name. They never had a mom daughter relationship so there was no reason for her too call her mom.

Pam touched the back of her neck " I need a favor " she said.

Mo scrunched her face up "You gotta damn nerve coming up here asking for a favor when you ain't never did shit for me" Mo said pointing her finger.

Pam sighed " I- I know but just hear me out-" — " No you got a lot of making up too do before I do anything for you." Mo said placing her hand on her hip.

She kneeled " Mo you don't understand, just please listen too me" — Mo sighed "What"

" Your dad- Damion left me" She said with her head down — " I'm not asking you too take me in but at least take your little sister"

Mo furrowed her eyebrows "Little sister" she asked as her voice softened.

Her mom stood up off her knees "Yes, she's sixteen she's been with us but your dad found out she wasn't his & he kicked us both out" she spoke lowly.

Mo shook her head "She in the car" She nodded her head towards the car.

"Yes" her mom responded.

"So what you about too abandon her too" Mo asked with her arms crossed.

Pam licked her chapped lips "Mo you don't understand " she spoke lowly — She changed the subject "I- i'll be back for her I just have no where else for her too go right now"

Mo doubled her lips "And how do you know I have the space or money for her!" Mo exclaimed.

" Come on Mo, look at what neighborhood your in " — She sighed "Just please for a little while." She begged taking Mo's hand in hers.

Mo bit her lip "Okay fine ma fine" she said rolling her eyes.

" She's in the car, i'll tell her too get her stuff together." Pam said.

Mo couldn't leave her sister out in the cold, because she knew how it felt, luckily her grandparents were here for her but if Mo didn't take her little sister in, then no one would.

She stepped out the car with her curly tresses up into a high ponytail, she looked about 5'1 & she had the prettiest smoothest skin Mo ever saw

She stepped out the car with her curly tresses up into a high ponytail, she looked about 5'1 & she had the prettiest smoothest skin Mo ever saw. She reminded Monet of herself at that age.

" Hi i'm Zuri" She said reaching a hand out for Mo too shake.

Mo couldn't do anything but stare. — "Oh i'm sorry i'm Monet" She said shaking her hand back.

" Thank you Mo I owe you big time, she's a good girl take care of her now" Pam said giving a weak smile.

Zuri stale faced Pam. So did Mo.

" Come on Zuri i'll show you your room" Mo said leading her in.

" Uh it was a guest room but if you wanna change some stuff up we can go shopping too get you some stuff too make it your own" Mo said standing in the doorway.

Zuri held her hands in her pockets, staring around at the room. "You must be a stripper " she said still looking around her new room.

Mo's smile faded "Oh no, I um own a Clothing & hair business." Mo said clearing her throat.

Before Zuri could say anything else, the noise of the front door opening caught their attention.

"Baby, where you at i'm tryna eat that WAP" he yelled through the house.

Zuri raised her eyebrows, still looking at Mo.

" Lee I have company " Mo said as he walked up too her.

He stopped in his tracks looking at Zuri.

"Yo thats crazy she look just like you, who is this" he asked fascinated with their comparisons.

"Uh this is my little sister Zuri, she's gonna be staying here for a little minute " Mo said placing her hands in her pockets.

"Hey I'm Zuri" She said smiling at Lee. It seemed she had a little crush on him.

"Wassup" Lee nodded his head.

"Oh my mom told me too give you all this stuff so you can enroll me in school & all" she said rumbling through her suitcase.

"You don't have many clothes and shoes" Mo said looking at the half empty suitcase.

Zuri shrugged "I had too grab the necessities before he threw us out" She said still looking down at her suitcase.

Mo felt bad "Well uhm hey how about tomorrow I take you too our mall, & get you some clothes & shoes" Mo said holding her hands out.

Zuri turned around, showing her full smile for the first time "Really?" she asked.

"For sure" Mo said closing the door.

She walked into her room down the hall with Lee right on her tail.

As soon as she sat on the bed she started too cry.

"Mo wassup talk too me" Lee said rubbing her back.

She sniffled "I didn't get a how you doing Mo, I miss you Mo, I love you Mo, sorry for missing 18 birthdays Mo, just heres your sister take care of her" Mo said sobbing even harder.

Leon didn't know what too say so he just held her.

"You know I had a sister" Lee said still holding Mo.

Monet looked up at him.

"She was 5, & she was outside one day & these niggas that was beefing with me shot up the house & she was caught in the fire." He continued.

Mo was shocked too hear about this, & even more shocked that Lee was telling her this.

"Oh Lee i'm sorry " Mo said hugging Leon.

"Its good, just take care of her at least for now you know, make her feel loved. " he said as they held each other.

Mo kissed him on the lips "Okay let's lay down i'm tired" she expressed.

"Who you telling " Leon said stretching.

"You might as well move in" Mo joked with Lee.

He looked over at her "I just might" he said in all seriousness.

____________________________________

"See if you get this shirt, then you gotta get these jeans" Mo said grabbing the clothings.

Monet was taking Zuri all over and getting her shoes and clothes, especially since she started school next week.

She was letting her shop and get her own things at the mall for now & next week when Mo's shop opened she was going too let her shop there too.

"You hungry" Mo asked Zuri who was holding numerous bags in each hand.

"Whew yes, I worked up a appetite after all this shopping" Zuri responded as they walked into the food court.

This wasn't so bad Mo thought as they stood in the Chick Fa La line.

___________________________________

❤️