Girls' Night Dares

Rating: G

Summary: 

Hermione's friends dared her to take a risk on her 19th birthday. She has to kiss the bloke she's been crushing on for years. Will the risk pay off?

_______________

This one-shot is written for the Harmony & Co Facebook Group's Lyric Llama Challenge.

This fic was inspired by the lyrics 'So let it be, what it'll be, don't make a fuss and get crazy over you and me. Here's what I'll do, I'll play loose, not like we have a date with destiny' from the song, 'Crush' by 'Jennifer Paige'. I claim no ownership of it, I only used it as inspiration.

                                                                                _______________

GIRLS' NIGHT DARES

By: tweety-src-clt9

Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Parvati, Padma, and Susan, like other girls their age who returned to Hogwarts for their eighth year, bonded with each other. Maybe it was their experiences in the recently concluded war, or the need for some normalcy, but this school year, the girls formed a solid bond. Despite coming from different houses, they made it a point to have sleepovers at the Room of Requirement.

For Hermione, their girls' nights at the magical room were the only times wherein she indulged her girly teenage whims.

They talked about fashion, boys, and other silly things.

With all the stress from NEWT preparations, Hermione needed this.

She needed to feel like a teenager.

She needed to feel like a girl.

In as much as she loved her best friends, Harry and Ron, they were blokes. And blokes just didn't understand things that only girls could.

So, Hermione was very grateful for her girls.

Even if they always pushed her boundaries.

Just like now...

"Hermione... you will be turning nineteen next week, right?" Ginny asked with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Gee! Thanks, Gin! Way to make a witch feel old," the curly-haired brunette huffed.

"Have you ever made a risk in your teenage life?" Padma asked.

"Hey! I almost bloody died so many times here at Hogwarts!" Hermione defended herself.

"Mione, we didn't meet it like that! You know, a risk as a teen... Something crazy," Susan waggled her eyebrows at the last word which made Hermione snort.

"Yeah! Don't you want to just let loose and enjoy being a teen for once? It's your last year as a teenager, 'Mione," Parvati cajoled.

"Remember, Hermione, Voldemort and his Death Eaters are gone. You, of all people, deserve to enjoy your last year at Hogwarts, not to mention your last year as a teen," Luna added in her signature whimsical voice.

"Well, you all have a point but – "

"I got it!" Parvati exclaimed.

"What?" Hermione frowned. Parvati, just like her fallen best friend, Lavender Brown, always had the craziest ideas.

"We'll give you a dare that you must do on your nineteenth birthday!" Parvati squealed.

Her friends cheered and giggled like crazy. Hermione rolled her eyes.