Weak, Wet, and Wild

Summary: 

Hermione Granger wanted a boring and hassle-free NEWT year with Voldemort gone. She was determined to get perfect scores and to just enjoy her last year at Hogwarts. Instead of being the supportive best friend, Harry Potter was determined to make her weak in the knees with wet knickers during their wild sexy times all year round.. How would she survive her final year now?

Rating: M/E

__________

WEAK, WET, AND WILD

By: tweety-src-clt9

I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way
Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing
It's a feeling that I don't understand

It's our eighth year at Hogwarts, our final year as students. Well, at least for Harry and I. After the second blood war that ended when Harry finally defeated Voldemort, I wanted a normal school year. A year without mountain trolls, possessed teachers, basilisks, dementors, and all the other horrible things we've experienced in our six years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I thought I was the only one in our little trio who desired some semblance of normalcy but to my utter delight, Harry shared the same view. So, both of us signed up for one last school year before we go out into the world as a full-fledged witch and wizard. When we informed the new headmistress about this, she was ecstatic. She even appointed both of us to be the Head Boy and Head Girl. We eagerly accepted because of the private dormitories that came with the responsibility.

I wanted to spend one more school year with my two best friends but to my exasperation, my other best friend, Ronald Weasley, decided to skip school. Ron opted to accept an offer to be the second-string keeper for his favorite Quidditch team, the Chudley Cannons. I tried convincing him to finish school so he could have a back up plan but he only rolled his eyes at me. Before I could blow my top, Harry pulled me away and the conversation was over.

Looking back on my silly effort to attract Ron's attention in our sixth year, I felt like slapping myself in the face. In as much as I loved Ron, he's my best friend, after all, we just wouldn't work romantically. At all. We're better off as friends, something that we both acknowledged after we discussed that awkward kiss during the final battle. Not only was that kiss awkward and gross, it felt like I was kissing my brother. Thankfully, Ron agreed with me. And now, he was busy chasing the skirts of any witch who wanted to be seen with the best friend of the Man Who Conquered. He was happy with his fame and as his best friend, I was happy for him as well.

Ever since Ron dropped us off at platform 9 and 3/4, my life at Hogwarts radically changed. One, instead of being the aloof know-it-all bookworm that people usually ignored, people saw me as the most popular witch in Hogwarts now. Two, everyone wanted to be friends with me. And three, a lot of wizards seemed highly interested in dating me. I honestly hated these three changes very much. Now I understand how Harry felt about all the unwanted attention. It was truly sickening.

Merlin! I only wanted a simple and trouble-free final year with only my NEWT scores to worry about. I didn't sign up for all of this. Sigh.

I'm so thankful that Harry decided to go back to Hogwarts with me. I couldn't do all of this alone – the attention, the staring, and the whispers that followed me around were insane. Thank Merlin that Harry's mere presence could successfully intimidate people, just one glare from him and the staring and whispers stop. Immediately. He's awesome and scary like that.

Speaking of Harry... There's just something different about him now.

I couldn't decide if the difference was a good or a bad thing.