Stealing His Heart

Rating: T

Summary: 

Hermione loves to steal Harry's clothes. One day, he accuses her of stealing his heart.

_________________________

STEALING HIS HEART

By: tweety-src-clt9

"Daddy?" a bushy-haired emerald-eyed little girl pouted at her father.

"Alright, alright!" Her father chuckled as he summoned his daughter's beloved stuffed hippogriff that wore one of his shrunken sweaters. It was a weird trait that his daughter shared with her mother, their love for his clothes.

"Princess, didn't mummy tell you that you should learn to keep your toys and not leave them all over the house?" he chided gently. Viola Lily loved her stuffed hippogriff very much that she usually carried it wherever she went. However, she also had a habit of forgetting it once she found something better to do.

"I know, Daddy. But I left Griffy somewhere because mummy made cookies and – "

"I know, Princess. I love your mummy's cookies too," her father chuckled. Ironic that it's the only recipe that your mother can do perfectly, he thought as he easily caught the stuffed animal and handed it to his daughter's waiting hands.

"I love you, Daddy. Night night," the little girl grinned as she hugged her beloved toy to her chest. When she closed her eyes, her father gently leaned in and kissed her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, my princess. Daddy and mummy love you very much," he whispered before turning out the lights.

When he closed the door of his little girl's bedroom, he smiled contently. He finally had the life he wanted. He was free from Voldemort, he had friends, and most of all, he had the love of family – his wife and his daughter – the women who stole his lonely heart.

His precious Viola Lily was so like her mother and it's one of the reasons why his little girl had him wrapped around her little fingers. He chuckled as he remembered Viola's love for Griffy, her stuffed animal. Viola couldn't sleep without smelling the stuffed hippogriff because her father's scent comforted her.

It reminded him of another girl who stole his heart many years ago...

oOOOOOo

January 3, 1996

"Bloody hell, Hermione!" Harry Potter exclaimed in shock when he almost punched his best friend. He was suddenly woken up from his not so peaceful slumber when he heard something, or in this case, someone, rustling around his bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place. Since he was already in paranoia after all the darkness he had seen in his life, it was a stupid idea to sneak up on him.

"Merlin! Will you keep quiet?" Hermione shushed him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Care to tell me what you're doing here in my room at this time of the night, 'Mione?" he smirked. Despite the darkness of the room, he could easily imagine Hermione's cheeks tinged pink. She did look adorable that way.

"I can't sleep," she muttered.

"And?" he prodded.

"Well, I, er, I was worried about you getting nightmares so I – well, I was thinking that maybe I can sleep better if you know, I could smell you or something," she explained awkwardly and he frowned.