Our Promise

Summary: 

Through the years of their friendship, they made a lot of promises to each other. Before the sun sets, Harry reminisces about all their memories as he prepares to make the biggest promise of his life.

Rated: G

______________________________________________________

OUR PROMISE

By: tweety-src-clt9

In a beautiful beach resort in Australia, the groom is anxiously pacing around his hotel room. It is exactly one hour before the wedding.

Despite the joy he felt, for he will be marrying the girl of his dreams, he is nervously fidgeting with his bow tie.

What if something goes wrong? Or she wises up and decides that I'm not worth it?

Harry James Potter, the groom, could not help but worry. Things always go wrong for him. Given that his bride is the best thing that ever happened in his life, he cannot help feeling scared. Even if he trusted her to never abandon him, he could still feel worry seeping through his heart.

With just a mere hour away from what shall be the best day of his life, he still could not believe that he will finally get the chance to keep his promise to her.

After all that they have been through together, today, as the sun sets, they will start a new life as husband and wife.

Theirs is a love that started so innocently a long long time ago...

She had kept her promise to always be there for him.

And today, he will keep his promise to her... that he will live his life to the fullest, with her by his side.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in", he said. When the best man entered, he grinned.

"Hey mate! You nervous?", Neville Longbottom clapped him on the back.

"Just a little, Nev. What if she changes her mind?", he inwardly winced at his pathetic tone.

"Mate, are you crazy? She loves you! Bloody hell, she loved you since we were eleven... So how could she ever change her mind?", Neville chuckled.

"Have you seen her?"

"Ahuh! I came by to check on the bride and her womenfolk. Have to make sure she gets to the altar on time", the best man teased.

"Well? How does she look?", his eyes shine with happiness at the thought of seeing his bride in her beautiful white dress.

"I could only say that you mate, are one lucky bastard", Neville smirked and he laughed.

"I sure am a lucky bastard, aren't I?", he said smugly. He absolutely knows how damn lucky he is! His stupid, reckless, messy-haired self gets to marry the Brightest Witch of the Age for Merlin's sake! And to think his Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia always told him that no sane woman would ever want to be with a freak like him. If they could only see me now, marrying the British Wizarding World's Catch of The Century...

"Here you go, mate. The bride wanted me to give you this", Neville handed him a box that is elegantly wrapped in glossy emerald paper and a gold ribbon.

There was a little envelope on the box so he opened it.

To my Harry,

You always pestered me about reading my diary, but I always said no. Today, you are now entitled to know all my secrets.