His Inspiration

Summary: 

With the help of the Mirror of Erised, Harry Potter finds his inspiration to keep on fighting.

Rating: G

_____

HIS INSPIRATION

By: tweety-src-clt9

Harry Potter needed a place to think. So much had happened and he just wanted to scream. He needed to find the motivation to carry on. If he were destined to vanquish Voldemort according to the bloody prophecy, then he needed to find a purpose.

Sirius was dead and it was his fault.

If only he listened to Hermione, all this wouldn't have happened.

Sirius would still be alive.

His friends would not have been injured.

More importantly, Hermione would not be unconscious and fighting for her life.

He could not sit by her bedside with his thoughts running all over the place.

He needed to scream. He needed to let it all out.

Taking one last look at Hermione, he slowly leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

He needed to be alone.

With a million thoughts running through his head, his heart pounding like crazy due to all the emotional turmoil he had been experiencing, he ran towards the seventh-floor corridor in front of the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy.

Finally, he reached the entrance to the Room of Requirement.

He walked in front of the wall and thought about a place to think, a place to center his thoughts, and a place to remember his inspiration to continue with this seemingly endless battle against Voldemort.

When a large oak door appeared, he took a deep calming breath. He was anxious to see whatever the magical room would conjure for him as he attempted to find his center amidst all this darkness and chaos.

The first thing he noticed was a very familiar ornate mirror that was clearly ancient. The beautiful piece of glass and metal had clawed feet and its gold frame inscribed with a weird phrase.

He was not looking at the glass yet. Instead, his eyes were drawn to the intricate design of the mirror.

"I show not your face but your heart's desire," he murmured as he closed his eyes to silence his whirlwind of emotions and thoughts.

After a few minutes, he slowly opened his eyes and stared at the glass.

He gasped.

He expected to see his parents once again, just like those times when he found his eleven-year-old self being drawn to the lure of this magical mirror. Instead of the familiar image of his mum and dad, the strangest image was being shown.

It was Hermione and a large black dog that reminded him of Padfoot.

He gulped.

If the image was already disturbing it was the details that made it even more confusing.

Not only was his heart's desire supposed to be Hermione and a dog that looked like Sirius's animagus form, but it was the details that made him feel hot and well... bothered.

This Hermione was so... different.

Her wild curly hair fell in elegant waves. She was wearing a short and tight black dress that showed off her curves in such a flattering manner. She looked older than her sixteen-year-old self but she looked so gorgeous and sexy. She had makeup on and her plump lips were painted blood red.