The Golden Girl

Summary: To me she will always be Hermione Granger. My one that got away. I hate that I am secretly in love with Potter's girl.

Rated: T

__________________________________________________________________

THE GOLDEN GIRL

By: tweety-src-clt9

She walks the halls of the Ministry of Magic in her tight pencil skirts and pointed shoes reminding us all of her muggle roots. I hate how she struts her stuff and reminds everyone else every single day that she controls the reins. I hate that even as she is celebrating her fortieth birthday soon, she still maintains her perfect curvy figure. Great... Speaking of her birthday, I have to fucking think of a gift and how I could anonymously give it to her. I hate keeping this secret. This secret that has plagued me ever since Hogwarts...

I fucking hate Hermione Jean Granger.

Gryffindor princess.

Perfect prefect.

Brightest Witch of The Age.

The Wizarding World's Golden Girl.

I fucking hate that after all this time, I am still secretly in love with her.

I hate the fact that to me, she will always be a Granger. Because I could never accept the fact that she bloody married Harry Potter.

The first time I saw her she was a bushy-haired scrawny little thing with chocolate brown eyes that amazed me since I laid eyes on them. The color of molten chocolate is the complete opposite of my stormy gray orbs. She walked into my compartment looking for squib Longbottom's toad. I was about to introduce myself when she started blabbering about being muggleborn. As the heir of the House of Malfoy, there was nothing left to do. I had to give her a taste of the signature aristocratic Malfoy sneer. I was raised to believe that mudbloods like her are a complete waste of space. If only I was brave enough to not listen to my father, maybe... just maybe... we could have been... something. Anything...

Every single day, she proves to all the pureblood bigots just how brilliant she is. She is a living proof of how wrong the pureblood ideology really is! And I hate her for it. She is a walking contradiction of the very foundation of my prestigious family's principles. But my eyes could not look away. I am drawn to her like moth to a flame...

And then she did the most annoying thing of all! She followed Potter and his idiot sidekick Weasel all over the bloody castle. Potter who refused my offer of friendship. Saint Potter, the fucking "Boy-Who-Lived", who is the perfect poster boy for all that is good and heroic. Perfect Potter who in her beautiful brown eyes could do no wrong.

My Hogwarts years were spent antagonizing the Gryffindor trio. Everyone thought I did that to get into Potter's nerves. Nobody knew that I enjoyed walking up to them because of her. The way her eyes would light up in cold fury, her hair rippling with her magic, and her cheeks flushing like a blooming rose...

I would never understand why someone so smart could tolerate the idiosyncrasies of Potter and his pet Weasel. If she ended up with Viktor Krum, at least he is a pureblood. More importantly, the Bulgarian is the second wizard to notice the fact that she is a girl. Second only to me... So why did she go ahead and marry Potter, I really do not know...

Here she comes again. All prim and proper and absolutely beautiful.

She should have been mine.

Hermione Malfoy sounds a million times better than Hermione Potter.