Nothing

Summary: 

There's nothing that Harry Potter won't do for Hermione Granger. When she's forced to accept the powers of a Caplata, an evil witch who practices black Voodoo magic, he volunteers to be her partner forever. Creature fic. 

Rating: T

________

NOTHING

by: tweety-src-clt9

"Mr. Potter, please sit," Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt pointed to the empty seat.

Harry had a bad feeling about this.

He woke up this morning feeling really bad. He wasn't sick but somehow, he knew that he would be facing a big problem. His gut told him that. Well, more like his magic felt a pull that made him feel really uncomfortable.

Whatever it was, he was ready to find out.

"What is it, Minister?" he decided to cut to the chase.

"Something happened to Ms. Granger – "

"What?!" he exclaimed. This could not be happening!

"She was sent on a research expedition for the Department of Mysteries, right?"

"Yes, but she's supposed to come back from the Congo tomorrow!" he just couldn't accept that something had happened to his beloved. Hell! She didn't even know that he was in love with her yet – and now this!

"She's missing, Mr. Potter... They tried to find her but she's presumed to be dead," the minister said with a grave voice.

"No! No! I refuse to believe that she's dead! No!" Harry vehemently denied as he stood from his seat.

"Harry, I know it's hard – "

"I have a tracking device that monitors Hermione, sir. So, I know she's still alive – "

"Harry – "

"Look! See! The light is still glowing," Harry removed the Lady Potter tracking crystal around his neck. Indeed, the crystal was still glowing brightly. It was a family heirloom handed by the lords to anyone they wish to monitor closely. Usually, it was given to the ladies of the house, hence the moniker, Mi Corazon. It was known as the heart of the House of Potter.

"Is that – are you and Ms. Granger – " the minister was gobsmacked as he pointed to the crystal, then to Harry and back again.

"I'm in love with her, sir. She doesn't know it yet but I intend to tell her. The heart never fails. She is still alive. I can feel it... I just know she's out there somewhere," his voice was filled with conviction. He just couldn't allow himself to lose his Corazon.

"Alright. I am granting you an indefinite leave, Harry. You go and find your heart and bring her back," the minister nodded solemnly.

"Thank you, sir," after giving the minister a respectful nod, Harry ran back to his office so he could make the necessary arrangements.

He had to find Hermione. He had to find his heart. He had to make sure she was safe and alive.

oOOOOOo

It had been two weeks. He had been in the Congo for two weeks and it seemed that Hermione was under some sort of advanced protective charm that he just couldn't seem to break. This just wouldn't do. He needed reinforcements.