Always Constant

Summary: Generations of Potters would always be in awe of their Grandy's love for Grandmy. Of course, to them it was rather amusing how Grandy Harry was biased to female Potters with curly brown hair and molten chocolate colored eyes.

Rated: G

________________________________________

ALWAYS CONSTANT

By: tweety-src-clt-9

A frail old man with messy raven hair, that is now mostly dominated by silver gray strands, slowly walks toward the nursery room of his family's ancestral home. Generations of the Potter family walked the same halls. A month ago, a new addition to the Ancient and Noble House of Potter was born...

Baby Hermione Jasmine Potter, his current favorite family member.

Fitzwilliam Harry Potter, his great-grandson, decided to name his firstborn child after the old patriarch's late wife. Baby Hermione inherited her namesake's curly brunette locks and doe-eyed chocolate brown eyes. The family agreed to name the baby after the most famous members of the House of Potter in recent history. Hermione – after the Brightest Witch of the Age. Jasmine – a feminine twist on James, Grandy Harry's middle name.

Baby Hermione is a reminder of the matriarch that passed on to her next great adventure five years ago.

Because of this, every Potter immediately understood that Grandy Harry would be head over heels for the baby. Harry Potter always favored members of his family who inherited his favorite physical traits of Hermione Jean Potter nee Granger. It was a universally acknowledged truth in their entire household. It was a fact that is always constant.

As the old man finally reached the nursery's door, he quietly entered the room. The beautiful room his Hermione decorated for their first born, Viola Lily Potter, one hundred thirty-five years ago...

He slowly made his way towards the baby's crib. There she was sleeping peacefully as she snuggled with her favorite stuffed unicorn.

"I miss you Hermione", his emerald green eyes closed. He was imagining the same sight he is seeing right now. A sleeping Hermione. As the baby sleeps, his thoughts were drifting to the very moment he realized the depth of his feelings for his Hermione...

It was a cold stormy night in the Forest of Dean. Ron had already left them. The pressure of the Horcrux hunt and the lack of progress proved to be too much for him.

Hermione had been crying for days. But finally, she stopped. She seems better now. Steadfastly back at work, busy with research. Busy with helping him like she always does.

It was his turn to keep watch. To make sure they were as safe as could be in this time of war. But he was cold and hungry. So, he made his way back inside the tent to look for something that can satiate either the cold or his hunger - even just a little bit. To his surprise, Hermione was sleeping not on the bed but slouched on the table. Her cheek plonked on top of an open book. She must have slept when she was reading something.

Instead of looking for something to eat, he quietly moved to sit across from her. Something about the way the candlelight flickers as its flame is casting shadows on her face seemed so mesmerizing. He could see highlights of gold in her curly chestnut brown locks. Her dark eyelashes look so long from the angle he was sitting at. Her cheeks had this ethereal glow from the candlelight.

She is the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

And then it clicked.

She had always been beautiful to him because of the strength of her heart and the brilliance of her mind.