How Joy Came To Be

Summary: Lillian Joy Potter always admired her parents' love story as well as her grandparents'. As she is now thirteen, she wants to know the full details on how her parents finally got together. Will they ever answer her truthfully? Or are the details on how their relationship changed from best friends to lovers be forever kept a secret? 

Rated: M

_____________________________________________________________________

How Joy Came To Be

By: tweety-src-clt9

August 13, 2006

It is still seven o'clock in the evening but Hermione Granger is feeling lonely and depressed. She is all alone in her beautiful flat and helping herself to a bottle of Merlot.

She recently got promoted in the ministry. She is now the Deputy Head of the Department for the Care and Regulation of Magical Creatures, the youngest ever in the history of magical Britain. But despite her blossoming career, she cannot help but feel sad and lonely.

Hermione Granger at twenty-seven years old has it all. A successful career, the house, the car, and money to buy whatever she wants.

After her tete-a-tete with her mother during their weekly Saturday lunch date, she realized the one thing she's missing – a child of her own.

Of course, since she's been single for the last eight years, she now has to think of alternative ways to get pregnant.

All of her friends, both magical and muggle, now have babies of their own. Hell! Even Ron has a son with his wife Susan now! So, what the hell is wrong with her? Why can't she find a man to settle down with?

If only I could have a child without a husband...

And then it clicked! She now had the perfect solution.

I could get an artificial insemination! And I know just who to ask! She thought triumphantly.

She did not know if it was the loneliness seeping through her heart, or the effect of the wine, but she got herself off her comfortable position on the couch, and ran towards her fireplace. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and jumped into the green flames saying 12 Grimmauld Place loud and clear.

She is so excited to finally make a move in fixing her dilemma about her desire to have children. Because of this, she did not even notice that she's only wearing a white tank top and black boyshorts.

"Harry, are you there?", she called out as she stepped out of the fireplace of 12 Grimmauld Place.

Her best friend, Harry Potter, hurriedly ran towards her, dressed in nothing but boxers. She could see the fine contours of his chiseled arms, muscular chest, and washboard abs highlighted by the moonlight. Maybe just like her, he was preparing to just waste away the Saturday night hauled up in bed.

"Hey, Hermione. What can I do for you?", Harry kissed her cheek.

"Alright. I'll just be direct. I need your sperm", she said in all seriousness.

"My what?", he chuckled while shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well I want to get pregnant via artificial insemination. So, hence, I need your sperm."

"Ah. I see." Harry's eyes are full of mischief.

"Yes. So?", she was so hopeful that he would agree. Harry never denied her of anything before.

"Well, I could get you pregnant via the natural way. Saves you more money, don't you think?", he smirked.

"Wha – ", her protests were halted since he kissed her. Her eyes widened as she realized what was happening. Harry James Potter, her best friend, is kissing her! His tongue now traced the contour of her lips while seeking entrance. Despite the shock, she kissed him back. It would be hard not to since Harry was an excellent kisser.