Wedded Bliss

Rating: M

Summary: On Valentine's Day, Hermione Potter discovers Harry's secret which leads to another fight. Whoever said that wedded bliss was just all smiles and romance? Can Harry make it up to his wife?

________________________

Wedded Bliss

by tweety-src-clt9

It's Valentine's Day and Minister Hermione Potter was looking forward to spending a romantic dinner with her husband. Ever since their three kids were all off to Hogwarts, they felt like newlyweds again. Just the two of them in the house, with Kreacher and Winky of course.

She lightly giggled as her mind drifted off to the passionate and sometimes, downright kinky sex she and Harry had been up to ever since their youngest joined her siblings at Hogwarts. Rubbing her belly, she smiled. It was still just hers and Harry's secret, but she was pregnant again.

Hearing a knock on the door, she called out, "Please come in."

"Good morning, Minister Potter," Susan Finch-Fletchley, the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement greeted respectfully.

"Hello, Madam Finch-Fletchley," she carefully stood from her seat and shook the woman's hand. She gestured to one of the seats across her desk and Susan smiled.

"Now that we're down with the silly formalities, what can I do for you today, Su?" she grinned happily. Ever since she got pregnant, she had been in a really happy mood lately.

"Well, I just came here to personally deliver the documents containing applications for parole that we need to revisit through a retrial," Susan handed her a thick folder which she immediately skimmed through.

She already knew about these series of retrials, but she skimmed through the list anyway. When she saw the names, Dolores Umbridge and Antonin Dolohov , she frowned. Why didn't Harry mention that these vile people were on the bloody list? She then flipped the pages to check the tentative schedule of the trials and her magic rippled in fury. The schedule for Umbitch and Dolohov's trial was plotted during her maternity leave. Harry James Potter, you are a dead man walking!

Clearing her throat to come herself down, she turned to Susan. "Did Harry have any input in all of this?" she gestured to the folder.

"I'm sorry?" Susan looked confused.

"Did Harry make sure that I won't be presiding the Umbridge and Dolohov trials?" she glared at Susan who gulped.

"I'm sorry, Minister, but Head Auror Potter told me in confidence that you were pregnant. Since those two criminals would greatly upset you and thus put you and your baby in danger, he requested for me to – "

"I understand, Su. You don't need to say anything more."

"I am sorry, Hermione, but I – "

"I'm not mad at you, Su."

"Er, will there be anything else, Minister?"

"Can you please send the Head Auror to my office at once?" she said sternly.

"Of course, Minister Potter."

"Thank you Madam Finch-Fletchley. You may return to the DMLE."

As soon as Susan left her office, Hermione cracked her knuckles. She was ready for a fight with her husband.

________________________