Lurking In The Shadows

A/N:

This is written for the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Challenges and Assignments) Forum.

This oneshot is written as a reply to Psychiatry: Mental Health in Film – Task # 3 The Shining. The challenge is to write about a character who is house-sitting for someone else.

This is another smut with a plot story. This time, it has dark undertones. I have always wanted to write a Creature Harry story. Hence, this is the result.

For the backstory on the Incubus, the male sex demon, I give credit to the Fandom website.

Word Count Challenge: 300 - 3,500

Actual Word Count: 3,464

_______________________________________

LURKING IN THE SHADOWS

By: tweety-src-clt9

It's been three weeks since Harry left her all alone at 12 Grimmauld Place. It had been a tradition of theirs that she stays in his home every time he has business trips.

Her best friend, Harry James Potter, one of the best Hit Wizards of the International Confederation of Wizards, always goes on obscure rescue missions all over the world. He tried being an auror in Britain but it only lasted for two months. The crazy fiasco of the media, along with the demands from Mrs. Weasley that he marries Ginny immediately, proved to be the last straw for him. So, Harry quit his job and accepted the offer from the ICW. Five years later, Harry continues to save the world one case at a time...

Now here she is, all alone at the slightly dusty library of Black Manor.

Three days ago, she's been finding it hard to sleep. She had been plagued by a rather dark yet erotic dream.

In the dream, a mystery man grabs her by the hand, covers her mouth, and ravishes her against the wall. What makes her feel guilty is the fact that her mystery lover is eventually revealed to be none other than Harry himself. She considers it a violation of their friendship that she is having naughty dreams about him. Besides, Harry Potter is unattainable. While she knows how much he values her, she would always be just like a sister to him.

Aside from the mystery man's identity, one of the things that bother her most, is the fact that Harry would suddenly morph. While literally fucking her hard against the wall, horns would start to protrude from his head, a long-spiked tail would grow from the bottom of his spine, and bat-like wings would sprout across his back. As the demon-like Harry pounds his hardness roughly in and out of her, his eyes red, and his voice different.

It is past midnight but she wants to numb her mind through reading. Maybe if she falls asleep from reading about complex spells, she wouldn't dream. She cannot hold on to wild fantasies about Harry. Those fantasies would only set her up for a heartache. At twenty-three, her best friend is still passionate about ending evildoers. When the time comes that he would desire to settle down, she is absolutely certain that her name will never be on his list of potential brides. So, best save herself from disappointment as early as now.

She found a book about dark magical creatures and decided that it would have to do. Hopefully, whatever she saw in her dream could be identified here somewhere. If not, at the very least, she will tire herself out.

Suddenly, she could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

She could feel a slight shiver run up her spine.

She swears that she actually saw a shadow of a man across the wall just seconds ago.

Hugging the book to her chest, she ran fast towards her bedroom. When she finally locked the door and casted locking charms, along with other safety wards, she panted against the wall.