The Potter Potion

Summary: 

On the eve of Graduation, Hogwarts' Seventh Years take the Potter Potion formulated by Hermione Granger, many years ago. As a seventh year, will James Sirius finally know the true history of the potion before he takes part in the pre-graduation tradition?

Rating: G

________________________________________

Hermione, the Minister for Magic, is reading the paperwork piled on her desk. She is a little behind in keeping up with the many files she has to peruse, because yesterday, she took a day off to accompany her children to Platform 9 and ¾. All of them are finally off to Hogwarts and lastly, her eldest is now a seventh-year.

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. She beckoned the person to enter.

"Good afternoon, Minister!", Harry Potter, the Head Auror, greeted her with a big cheeky grin.

"What can I do for you, Auror Potter?", she said with mock stern.

"Well, my eldest son wrote to me. I reckon my wife would want to read it as well", he smirked.

"Really? Jamie wrote to us? Well, come over here! And read it out loud!", she said with excitement.

"It pains me that you're more excited about a letter than seeing your poor old husband", he pouted. She rolled her eyes. Harry Potter could be such a baby sometimes!

She stood up from her seat and walked over to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and passionately kissed him. When she pulled away, he had a goofy grin. He's really such a lovable simple-minded idiot sometimes, but well, he was her idiot.

"There. Husband thoroughly snogged. Now read the letter!", she commanded in her signature bossy voice which makes the Wizengamot listen, but her husband only snorted.

"Come here!", he tugged on her hand. She was plonked on his lap. His arms wrapped around her as he read the letter out loud.

________________________________________

Dear Mum and Dad,

Being Head Boy is stressful but I'll live. I miss starting pranks though. Hard to be the prankster when I'm supposed to be the role model. Lyra Malfoy is a great Head Girl and we work well together. She's not that bad, even for a Slytherin.

Anyway, my peers want me to provide the Potter Potion for the Seventh Years' pre-graduation tradition. So, I am curious. How did the potion come to be? Why is it named after the Potters? Did Mum make it? I reckon she did since, well, you're not really into potions, dad. No offense.

Harold Remus is doing well in Ravenclaw. He's already studying for OWLs. Viola Lily is still attempting to break mum's school records in her third year. I'll keep an eye on her so that the Gryffindors and her peers won't make fun of her for being such a nerd. Lastly, Lillian Joy got sorted into Slytherin. Your spoiled little princess will rule the snakes with her cunning.

I'll watch over all of them, I promise.

I'm looking forward to your explanation.

Your son,

James Sirius

P.S. You won't mind if I ask Lyra Malfoy out, right?

________________________________________

"It seems Ginny and Draco might be our future in-laws, sweetheart", Harry remarked after reading the letter.

"Well, we've been friends with Ginny for the longest time. So, it's not a problem. And besides, the ferret's been really tamed ever since they got together", Hermione mused.