The Wedding Speech

Summary: 

Teddy Lupin will marry Victoire Weasley tomorrow and Harry Potter still has not written anything for the Father of the Groom's speech. As he watches his peacefully sleeping wife, he remembers a secret he shares with Teddy that he uses as an inspiration for his wedding speech.

Rating: G

_______________________________________

THE WEDDING SPEECH

By: tweety-src-clt9

Tomorrow, Teddy Lupin will marry Victoire Weasley as the sun sets at the Burrow.

It's a bittersweet feeling for a father to see any child of his getting married.

Harry Potter, the godfather of the groom, is lounging on the mattress of the master bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place. His back pressed against a pillow on the headboard.

They were temporarily staying at the Black Manor since it's connected to the floo network. That way, it's easier to move about for all the wedding details and last minute arrangements.

It's eleven thirty in the evening but his parchment is still empty...

As the only father figure of the groom, he will be making the parental address for the groom's side of the family during the wedding reception.

Being the slacker that he is, he'd been ignoring the task of writing his wedding speech. If only he listened to his beloved wife, he should have been sleeping soundly by her side right now. Or maybe, he'd get lucky enough to convince her to a round of sexy time.

But no! His idiotic lazy arse chose to ignore the advice of the smartest person he's ever known...

So, here he is. Burning the midnight oil just to finish his final task for his godson's wedding.

He was tired and sleepy but he must push through.

Teddy Lupin was entrusted to him by Remus and Tonks, his dear friends who lost their lives.

It should have been them who will be waiting by their son's corner as Teddy waits for his bride to walk down the aisle. Since they cannot be with Teddy on the most important day of his life, then he must do his best to be able to do his duty to his godson.

What to write... what to write...

"Harry", he turned to his sleeping wife who moaned his name in her sleep. Her wild curly hair spread all over her pillow. He had a fond smile as he watched her sleeping soundly. She looked so peaceful and so innocent in her sleep...

It is such a big difference to see her so vulnerable in her slumber when she dominates and commands the Wizengamot in her role as Minister for Magic.

As his eyes drifted to the contours of his beloved wife's sleeping face...her long dark eyelashes, her cute button nose, her pouty lips...he remembers one more reason as to why he values Teddy Lupin so much.

"Uncle Harry! Uncle Harry!", little Teddy Lupin is bouncing with excitement as soon as he stepped out of the school bus.

Harry Potter opened his arms for his godson. He had been Teddy's father figure ever since the war ended. When Andromeda died two years after, he assumed full responsibility in taking care of his godson with his best friend's help.

"Hey buddy! Did you have fun in school today?", he said as he wrapped Teddy in a warm embrace. He always wants to reassure the little boy that someone loves and cares for him. He would never want Teddy to feel the way he did when he was living with the Dursleys.