The Daredevil's Fears

Summary: Harry Potter, the British Daredevil, will retire from Quidditch soon. As he prepares for his Quibbler interview, he uses pictures to recall highlights of his life after the war. As he thinks of an answer to this question, 'As the British Daredevil, you seem fearless. So, we want to know, what are you afraid of Harry Potter', he looks back on how truly blessed he is.

Rating: T

__________________________________

THE DAREDEVIL'S FEARS

By: tweety-src-clt9

Harry Potter will be turning forty next month. After twenty years of playing Quidditch professionally, he will be announcing his retirement soon. He is ready to pursue his other passion, teaching. He finally decided to accept the position as Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts. It's time for him, 'the British Daredevil', to give up catching snitches since he's getting too old for the game. Besides, he is the oldest professional Quidditch player in the world to date. Because of that, he asked Luna to write an article about his retirement as the Star Seeker of Puddlemere United.

Luna immediately agreed to his request. Instead of a short news announcement, she suggested that the Quibbler write a feature story. After consulting his wife, he agreed.

He is perusing a copy of the questions Luna sent this morning. It's best to prepare for his interview. There were instructions to prepare pictures of himself that he would like to share. So, he summoned three photo albums.

Harry and Hermione's Adventures.

The Potter Family Album.

The Potter Babies.

He glanced on one particular question, 'As the British Daredevil, you seem fearless. So, we want to know, what are you afraid of Harry Potter?'. He opened the album containing pictures of himself and Hermione during their exploration all over the world and their special moments together.

He smiled at the first page. There were two pictures. The first one is a silhouette shot of himself inside a zorb ball. The sky is filled with colorful hues since the sun is about to set. The second picture is of himself and Hermione. They were standing beside the zorb ball. He had one arm around her shoulders as he kissed the top of her head. She had an exasperated look on her face.

"Darling? Why are you still here in the study?", he lifted his eyes from the pictures and grinned. His wife is standing there, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes, and wearing an emerald silk nightgown hugging her curves perfectly. I really am one lucky bastard, he smirked as his eyes feasted on his wife's body. In her forties, Minister Hermione Potter is still one damn fine woman. Even the much younger Quidditch players idolize him not for his daredevil playing tactics, nor his defeat of Voldemort, but for marrying one of the most influential and the most gorgeous world leaders in wizarding community. Ironically, while he is the oldest professional Quidditch player in the world, his Hermione is also the youngest head of government across magical communities.

"What? Do I have something on my face?", she fidgeted.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking about how lucky I am to marry the hottest minister in the world", she only rolled her eyes. Harry tugged on his wife's hand so she ended up on his lap. She laughed when he started tickling her.

"Harry! Stop!", Hermione giggled. Seeing her flushed face, he relented. Wrapping an arm around her, he pressed his lips against her collarbone.

"Help me prepare for my Quibbler feature?"