Hermione's Christmas Vouchers

Summary: 

Feeling guilty for not giving Hermione a Christmas present during their first year at Hogwarts, Harry Potter decides to rectify his mistake by giving her personalized vouchers. Every year, it became their little Yule tradition to mark their friendship with the vouchers he makes just for her. Busy thinking about a grand scheme for his marriage proposal, he looks back on the chronicles of their relationship outlined by Hermione's Christmas Vouchers. Using that concept, he plans to knock his girlfriend's socks off with his most romantic gesture yet.

Rating: T

___________________________

HERMIONE'S CHRISTMAS VOUCHERS

By: tweety-src-clt9

Twenty-three-year-old Harry James Potter is now very determined to make the greatest commitment of his life. He is certain that he is ready to spend the rest of his life by his best friend's side. He is finally ready to ask Hermione Granger to be his wife.

He's already found the perfect ring. An elegant three-stone set on a white gold band. There was a large princess cut diamond in between a small ruby and a small sapphire, their birthstones. He even had the ring engraved, angelum meum, a Latin phrase which means 'my angel'. He decided on that statement since he cannot think of anything else to call Hermione. She had always been his angel. She is an angel without wings sent to him by the fates to guide him through all the trials in his life. She was his saving grace. She who had always supported him, cared for him, and who never left his side. Hermione Granger taught him how to love by loving him unconditionally when they first became friends.

All of his preparations are set. He was able to secure her parents' permission three months ago. As Lord of the House of Potter, it is customary to seek parental approval before making your intentions known to the lady of your choice. His father did that and so did his grandfather, so it was a family tradition that he gladly honored.

He winced at the memory of his heart-to-heart talk with Daniel Granger. He's always gotten along with Hermione's parents but he's seen a very scary side of Dan during that time. He even had nightmares of scary evil dentists after that encounter.

There is only one thing left to do. He needs to find the right timing so that he could finally pop the question.

Ever since he got together with Hermione after the war, he always knew that she is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Just one week of having Hermione as his girlfriend, he already wanted to propose.

Now, after five years of being together, he knows that it's time to ask her to share the rest of her life with him. He is already settled into his daily routine of being a full-fledged auror after a gruesome three years at the Auror Academy. Meanwhile, Hermione's career at the ministry is already flourishing and she already completed her Charms mastery under the tutelage of Professor Flitwick.

The time has come for them to move their relationship forward. They started as the best of friends who fell in love along the way. Their relationship is easy going and relaxed, just what he needs in his life. They were a very loving yet private couple. They weren't loud and outrageous but their emotional connection is so strong because of the solid foundation of their friendship.

So, here he is pacing around his bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place for he can't sleep. It's already the 7th of December 2003 and he still does not have a brilliant plan as to how, when, and where he will be popping the question. In times of confusion, he could only think of one person to ask. Sadly, he can't ask Hermione for any advice on how he will go about his proposal because that's just dumb. He tried seeking Ron and Neville's advice but they weren't able to give good suggestions. When he talked to Ginny, Hermione's closest female friend, her ideas were too wild and it just doesn't fit his and Hermione's style.