33

'The spelling of assignment is wrong

'The spelling of assignment is wrong.' Eunji corrected him. 'It should be A-S-S-I-G-N-M-E-N-T, not A-S-I-N-M-E-N-T.'

Jaemin nodded, and corrected the spelling he wrote in his notebook.

'Okay, are we done now?' He asked. She nodded.

'Yeah...' She said. 'How...how was your date yesterday?'

'Um...it wasn't a date...' Jaemin scratched the back of his neck. 'I...I needed to talk to you about this...'

'Hm...go ahead, I'm listening.' She said.

'So...we didn't go on a date...actually...it...I went to buy something for you...And I needed Yuki's help...' He explained. '...since, you know...she knows you better.'

'Huh?' She asked, confused.

'Wait, let me get it.' He said.

He got up from the bed and walked to the table, and opened his bag. He took out a small box and walked back to the bed and sat down.

He handed it to her, and said, 'Open it.'

She looked at him, confused, and she stared at the small box.

It was a black velvet box. She opened it slowly and gasped slightly when she saw inside.

There was a rose gold locket, which had a heart-shaped pendant. There was an arrow going through the heart. There was also a crown on one end of the arrow.

'Wow, Jaemin...this is so pretty, you...you didn't have to ge-' She turned her head to look at him, but she stopped speaking when she noticed his face so close to hers.

Jaemin was staring intensely at the locket, and then turned his head after he saw Eunji looking at him.

There faces were so close, and Eunji's heartbeat picked a fast pace.

Jaemin's eyes flickered down to her lips, and he looked back in her eyes, as if asking for permission.

Eunji's eyes followed Jaemin's as they went down to her lips. When he looked back into her eyes, she closed them, granting him the permission.

Jaemin gulped as he slowly leaned in, and closed the gap between them.