4

'You know what,' Jaemin spoke

'You know what,' Jaemin spoke. 'I want to meet your brother once.'

'And why is that?' She asked.

'I don't know...he seems like a cool guy.' He said.

'He is...he's a really good brother...it's just that...he never has time for me...' Eunji chuckled bitterly.

'You're lucky to have a sibling...I'm a single child and I've always wanted a sister.' Jaemin sighed.

'Aww, it's alright...you've got your friends.' She said.

'I've got you too.' He grinned.

'Yeah, you could say that.' She said.

'Wait, so you're saying that I'm your boyfriend now?' He asked, excitedly.

She took a deep breath. 'For once in my whole High School life, I thought that you were less annoying today, but...' She scoffed and frowned.

'Hey, I was kidding...damn.' Jaemin said. Eunji kept frowning. 'Hey,' He said, holding her hand lightly. She looked at their hands and then at him.

'What?' She snapped.

'Do you like raisins?' He asked. She looked at him, confused. 'How would you feel about a date?' He smirked.

'Oh my God,' She started laughing. 'You're so cringey, Jaemin.'

He smiled at her. 'I know.'

They finally reached her house and they went inside.

'Mom, I'm home!' She called out, and started walking towards a small bed in the living room. Jaemin looked at it and his eyes turned soft. There inside was a small beagle pup, who was curled up inside her bed.

'Aww, what's its name?' He asked.

'Bella.'

'Bella?' He repeated. She nodded. 'Wow, my hyung...Lucas hyung...He also has a dog...her name is also Bella and she's also a beagle.'

'Oh...Lucas, how old is he?' She asked.

'Um...you know our senior...Wong Yukhei, right?' He asked.

'That guy who's desperately in need of a girlfriend?' She asked.

'Uh, yeah, you got the right one.' He chuckled.

'Eunji, I fed B- oh, hello, I didn't see you there.' Eunji's mother came into the living room.

'Oh, hello aunty! I'm Jaemin.' He smiled. 'Eunji's boyfriend.'

Eunji's eyes widened when he said that. She hit him on his stomach, and said, 'No, mom...he's just kidding. He's been paired with me for an English assignment.'

'Oh, I see...well, you do your work and I'll get you guys some snacks.' She smiled.

Eunji turned around and glared at Jaemin. 'Why would you say that?'

*

Note: The text in bold and italics means that they are speaking in English.

'Okay, here we go.' Eunji took a deep breath and said, 'Hello...my name is Eunji.'

'Hi, Eunji. Jaemin- huh? Hold up.' Jaemin switched to Korean. 'Hi, Eunji. Jaemin- what!' He laughed at himself. 'Hi, Eunji. Jaemin...' He trailed off. 'Wait a minute. What's wrong with me? Hi, Eunji. Jaemin.' His eyes widened in realisation. 'Oh that's it.' He threw his fists up in the air.

'No, Jaemin...you have to say...Hello my name is Jaemin. Like this.' Eunji corrected him.

'Oh, my name is Jaemin.' He said.

'Good. But, you need to improve in English.' She said.

'Ahh, let's take a break.' He said.

'But we just start-'

'Did Renjun ask you if you could tutor me in Maths...?' Jaemin asked.

'Yeah he did...and about that...I'll help you.' She sighed.

'Yay...so you could help me in English too.' He smiled innocently.

'No!'

'Okay, anyways...I think I should go now...' He said, picking up his bag and getting up. 'I'll see you tomorrow? In school?'

'Yeah...' She said as she walked beside him to the front door.

He was about to go out of the door when he turned and looked at her.

'Oh, Eun...' He called out, looking at her. She hummed in response. 'There is something wrong with my phone...it doesn't have your number in it.' He grinned.

' He grinned