Chapter 20

" BEING IN THE MILITARY MEANS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT GIVE UP, NOT BACK OUT LAST MINUTE AND HARD WORK, AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW WE'RE GOING TO TEACH YOU," the loud military officer said

"Now I'm going to separate each of you in different teams in the different sports until all of you have completed each activity in this room, tomorrow we'll be doing outdoor activities, K let's get started,"

All my friends and I were not in the same group, huge bummer.

My first activity was Archery. I had done archery a few times in school but that was years ago.

Each team got a different officer, and let me tell you that they each got scarier and scarier.

"Okay the trick to being skilled in Archery is great posture, hold up your arrows and as I come around I want each of you to have the proper posture,"

I held my head high, my back was straight as ever.

"You, you are doing pretty good," the officer said as he came up to me.

"Thankyou sir,"

"Everyone look at exactly what your suppose to be doing."

Even though I was being acknowledged, the awkwardness was intimidating.

"Straight up back, confidence, that's what we are expecting from all of you."

"What's your name."

"Um, Rachel, sir,"

"What happened to the confidence," the officer joked around while walking away.

"Hi, can you show me how you did that," a little girl came up to me.

"Oh um sure, it's pretty easy actually, just keep your head up at all times and and straighten out your arms,"

"Oh like this," she showed me

"Exactly,"

I then noticed she waved towards Amelia who was looking towards her smiling.

"That's my sister, Amelia," she said

"Oh yeah I've actually meet her,"

"She's pretty nice isn't she,"

"Yeah and you guys kinda look a like too, what's your name by the way? "

"Oh um Christina, I'm 11 years old and my sister is 19,"

"Wow, well aren't you a brave little fella for your age," she giggled from my words.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 18,"

"Oh wow just a year apart from  my sister,"

That's when I heard the officers come, walking from a far, you know because I am a Radiate, but what surprised me is that, Christina looked back too just when I heard them come. And if your wondering whether I'm just crazy and everyone heard it too, that's  incorrect because pretty much everyone and i mean, EVERYONE still kept on minding their own business and talking.

Two questions, why did all the officers in the room just leave without  announcing to us and is Christina also a Radiate?

The officers came in about 10 minutes later.