Chapter 15: For Her Sake as Well

The anniversary live was underway as the evening continued. The STARISH members and their upperclassmen had successfully performed their solo songs, leaving Miyako's turn left. She made her way onto the stage through the small flight of stairs, that was hidden with black curtains, at the back of the stage. She was wearing a red and black plaid skirt, and a thin white hoodie, the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Her hair was still in a high ponytail, except that there was a braid on one side of her hair in the bow's place.

The red and green lights flashed and the screams of fans got louder as she came on stage, carrying a mic stand, and made her way to the centre of the stage as the melody stared to play.
{Song: 君の軌跡/Kimi no Kiseki
By: Hanatan(花たん)/ YURiCa (ユリカ)}

Awakusunda me ni utsuru sekai
Kasureta koe demo tashika ni kawashi ta yakusoku

Kuu hakukara kodoku ni furue ta
Nobasu te sae sora wo matte nigeru you ni nai ta

Kimi to no yakusoku wa hatase nain da
Hibi wareta kagami ni wa boku gaita

Tomeru koto deki nakute chirini umore
Sore demo kimi wo daite itai afure dashi teku kibou
Yume to ima no hazamaga kasumu toki mo
Boku wa tatakai tsudhukeru kara unmei wo kake nukeru yo

Nigiri shimeta teno nakani kimi no
Akaku hikare nagare ochi ta kako ni ikita michi

Nodono oku ga yakarete iku you ni
Himei wo age kawai tachi ga kimi wo nomi kon deku

Kimi rareta reeru ni shibarare nagara
Oto mo naku kiete iku se womi teta

Nijin da kanjou sae osae kirezu
Gamushara ni furuu boku no te wo sasaseru kimi wa inai
Itsumademo soba ni iru
Iro ase teku sekai wo mitsume tsudhukeruno wa
Genjitsu ni ita boku tachi?

Tomaru koto no nai toki mune no nakade
Tashika na kimi wo kanji te tai afuredashiteku yuuki
Ieru koto no nai kizu itami kakae
Hare wataru sora wo aoi dara mata susumu kara

Tomeru koto deki nakute chirini umore
Sore demo kimi wo dai te itai afure dashite ku kibou
Yume to ima ga kasanari ugoki dashita
Kimi no kiseki hagurumano you ni ugoki dashita yo mirai he

Haruka watched from the side as Miyako continued her performance.

"Her voice goes pretty well with this kind of rock, don't you think?" A voice spoke behind the Orange haired female, startling her. She turned around to see Reiji behind her, as he smiled at her and turned his gaze back to Miyako who was on stage. "Her voice is soft, yet powerful. Don't you think that's what makes it more attracting?" He was calm and spoke with a soft voice, which was quite rare.

"Y-yes! Not only that, but that song... I see why she is so respected as a sing-a-songwriter," Haruka replied, reverting her gaze towards the stage.

"When Miyako just got into the academy, she did not like singing a lot. Not in front of people, at least. Originally, she was aiming to be a composer, not an idol. She was much more quiet and colder than she is now. The one who changed all of this was Mai." He paused, a cool smile on his face, and just as he was about to continue, the staff called him over to be on standby for the next performance. "Sorry, looks like I don't have time right now! I'll tell you the details later!" He exclaimed before hurrying off. Haruka waved slightly and turned back as the fans went wild again. Miyako finished her second song of the day with a great smile and Haruka greeted her as she made her way off stage.

"Great job out there, Miyako-senpai!" Haruka beamed at Miyako, as she handed Miyako her water bottle.

"Thanks," Miyako replied with a smile, as she took the water bottle and quenched her throat.

Meanwhile, as the MCs took over the stage, Miyako excused herself really quickly as hurried off to the area beneath the stage, where the Quartet Night members were getting ready to go on stage to perform their new song.

"It's finally time for the revealing of the new song, isn't it?" She smiled, and continued. "Give it your all out there, or I'm not going to compose any more songs for you," she said jokingly.

"Ehh~ I don't want that to happen," Reiji complained.

"Like we'd do it half heartedly," Ranmaru muttered.

"Worry not, Miyako, we are not amateurs," Camus added, as Mikaze gave nod towards her. Miyako smiled back at them and pat their back and headed back to get ready for her next turn.

As Miyako left, the four males turned back towards the elevating platform that would bring them on stage.

"Although she was hiding it, there was sadness in her smile," Mikaze mentioned. Reiji, Ranmaru, and Camus all had serious expressions as they nodded.

"We know. That's why we need to do our best. For her sake as well," Reiji said enthusiastically and all four put on a smile. The four were in a line on the platform, all facing towards the audience, as the new melody started playing.